Agnostic.com

28 11

CAMPING?

Do you like camping, and what style? These days I’m pretty content to go car-camping in a state park if it’s not too crowded; pitch a tent and cook on a propane stove. My favorite non-park trips have included sailing a small boat to one of the many undeveloped barrier islands a mile or two off the coast of Florida.
Speaking of Heaven!

skado 9 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live in camping paradise. The great Pacific Northwest. NE Washington State is where I am, but this whole area of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana— it’s ALL for the campers. I’m a car and tent camper. Me and my dog. Used to go with friends, but we had a small falling out and I haven’t found any new camping friends. Camping on a sail boat sounds fantastic. My longest camp was 11 days on a lake in Idaho. We brought enough food/water/beer/etc so it wasn’t too rough...but the beer was warm by the 7th day. Ice reserves arrived on the 8th day and all was well. I’ve done some winter camping, but you really have to have the right gear for that or you’ll just be miserable...or die, depending on the situation. Beach camping is great, as long as you know when the high tide is coming. I guess I just love camping. Camped once in a park in southern Italy when a hostel bed fell through. That was so serene. I usually have summers off from work, being a School Bus driver, so I get 3 months to camp and goof off or whatever. Life is Good.

Sounds wonderful. I understand the sailing is pretty fabulous in that part of the world too. A three month long camping opportunity every year sounds about perfect... what a life! 🙂

I haven’t done a three month camp, yet. I just have the time available since I have summers off. That would be quite an undertaking for me. @skado

@TemperedLass I understand. That would be a major undertaking for anybody. I don't think I've ever even done 11 days. Usually something in the neighborhood of four to seven days. But having the whole summer off is definitely the way to work. It never occurred to me that bus drivers would have that schedule as well as teachers. Nice job!

I like car/tent camping. I've never tried to camp any other way.
I tend to do more of a primitive "glamping" because even in nature, I love a beautiful ambiance in my own habitat. (An air mattress nowadays is a must have!) I cook on any kind of fire, and am pretty creative with camp foods.
Sailing campouts are the BEST! (Ever use a beached catamaran as a tent?)

Donna Level 6 Dec 18, 2017

That would make a good one!

Love to go camping. Our concession to age is having a cot and foam pad that fit into our wall tent. Lots of cool places to go to here in Oregon.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8239
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.