Agnostic.com

4 1

THE IMPERIAL PRESIDENCY?

Do you think the president of the USA has too much power? I'm not talking about just Trump. Does the office of president hold too much power?

TommyMeador 7 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember a couple years ago feeling like we were moving toward a feudal system due to some acts or inaction of Congress though I am not sure what

In some ways yes.

For instance, I'd limit presidential pardons. I'd exclude anyone from the presidents own administration, or the pardoning of a former president who was impeached or who resigned.

I'd limit the "commander in chief" to actual declared wars, and outside of that thepresident woudl need congressional approval for "police actions."

In other words, I think the president should be held more accountable for any actions taken.

We need a strong president, but we need real checks and balances and the rule of law to ensure that all presidents act in a moral and legal manner which is in the best interests of our people, nation, and democracy. Those must keep lying, sociopathic buffoons like Trump in check.

The purpose of checks and balances are to limit the power of the president. It seems to me that over time the president has more and more power with less and less checks and balances.

No, if anything it doesn't have enough

Man, that is scary.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8299
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.