Agnostic.com

4 1

Daylight savings time

Why are we still subjected to DST?

PaulWinquist1945 5 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It needs to be left on winter time.

For Oregon, it needs to be on summer time....

Good question. It's a pain up the arse which does nothing but mess up our circadian rhythms.

From what I've read, a tiny group of rabid and very vocal mothers in the north of Scotland complained about Daylight Saving Time being scrapped because it put their children at higher risk from accidents when travelling to and from school.

So it boils down to a few thousand people dictating how the other 60 million live.

It's ironic that more people actually die from traffic accidents resulting from the clocks being changed.

We should all get a vote on the issue.

My guess is that it's too insignificant to get people elected into or out of office. So its not worth changing.
Personally i'd have it as a campaign promise because who the hell is going to object to getting rid of it. Easy win to start in power.

Do we get interest on our savings ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.