Agnostic.com

27 1

Why do intelligent people suddenly turn to a god in there darkest hours

I have a loved one going though a rough period in there life and they have never been religious. But now they say the Lord is there guide and savior. They have never believed before. And in fact have always denounced the need for a god. So why as a species do we need to turn to such ideas instead of looking inward for the truth about life,instead of our own reasoning. I want to be there for them but it seems as though their new found beliefs are putting walls between us and that is what they want. How do i procede forward in this case to maintain a relationship with a family member that up until now has been vary close and dear to me..any good advise would be appreciated.

River-david 5 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fear. The greatest motivator of all.

My was was about mental heath not physical. Sorry I see now that I was not clear about that.my apologies

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83448
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.