Agnostic.com

2 0

The Bible Belt: Besides almost everywhere in America, where is it? It seems to me that the Bible Belt most people refer to is the southern part of the Bible Belt.
I ask because, even though I live up north, about 1 hour from Chicago, there are 13 churches in my little town ....and of course almost everyone, irregardless of how much drinking, fun and hedonistic adventure they have, will always refer to themselves as "Christian" or a believer. (I think I used to be that person).

Anyway it doesn't seem to me that this Bible Belt is simply tucked away in some remote corner of the country. Is it a political definition?

IDK....what say you?

twill 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go to UTAH and parts of Northern Arizona and Western Idaho. The Latter day saints "rule" those regions. Hell, EVERY MEMBER OF THE CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION FROM UTAH IS A MORMON! ! Go there and enjoy the madness.

Indiana would be considered an "outlier" of the bible belt. It's one midwestern state that has consistently been red, even when it's neighbors (except Kentucky) were blue.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8465
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.