What is your favorite bbq style?

• 5 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 1 vote
Davidthinks 7 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

New Zealand Summer BBQ - the rest of those i have no idea about lol But I have been to and tried Texas and it was pretty good so i stuck with that.

I don't know what any of those mean but I will submit to a taste test! (I think we only have one kind of bbq in Oregon ?)

Remi Level 7 May 19, 2018

You should probably be specific about the meat though. I being born and raised in NC, of course l'll be pulling the vinegar based sauce on pork, but l do prefer the sweet hot tomatoe base for beef.

I love most types of bbq, but I don't know what the regional differences are, because every here is from someplace else and they all brought their style from home. My favorite bbq was my friend Dave's. He was working out his own style, using mesquite and pecan, with rubs, mops and sauces he got of bbq message boards. We would hang out, pick and squeeze grapefruit for our drinks and have a great old time. I sure do miss him.

I prefer beef over pork.
Vinegar over sweet.
And mustard over ketchup/tomato.

I need to try some dry Memphis BBQ... it sounds tasty!

Zster Level 8 May 19, 2018

Hello FROM Memphis!!!!!

Born in Memphis!!!!!

coat me in DRY RUB baby.

IMO, Food is secondary... My favorite type of BBQ, is one with friends, family, good music, nice weather and if at all possible, near a pool or lake.

Non of the above I like doing my own.

I'm going to put a write in anwser and say East Tennessee Sweet BBQ. There are several different types of BBQ sauce in the different regions of Tennesee and it's unfair that Memphis Dry Rub is considered the TN BBQ experience.

If I could also add a corection to your poll. The mustard BBQ is actually a South Carolina phenomenon. North Carolina is traditionally known for their Vinegar and tomato based BBQ sauce.

(From the choices given I'll say Texas style though. Texans are usually masters at cooking and seasoning the meat so they have my vote out of the ones listed.)

Any BBQ is good, I have all types around the world

Love BBQs, but never heard of these. Ours are more like forest fires.

Open pit texas.
Well, actually any someone else cooks up ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:84674
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.