Agnostic.com

7 0

With all the women standing up to men's bad behavior finally, does this fall into that category? Or is it ok for a bb player to kiss a women after being hit by a ball?

The article states "It’s safe to say the fan was not expecting that intimate gesture from Durant, but it was cool of him to do so."

[msn.com]

AtheistInNC 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The action of a kiss on the forehead is not inherently harmful. What's important in this case are his intentions. As far as I can tell his intention was to apologize for hurting someone, similar to the way one would kiss a child if they hit the child with a ball. I say people are way too sensitive! What he did was fine.

Well, that's the thing. HIS intentions don't count when it comes to sexual assault.

Intent is very important in the eyes of the law. For instance, if I hit you in the face with intent to hurt you then that is a crime. If I hit you in the face when I intended to give you a high five, that is clumsiness. The man's intention was solely to atone for his actions. He kissed her on the forehead with intent to apologize. If he kissed her with the intent to force her into sexual acts, then that is harassment. Also a kiss on the forehead is completely harmless and requires no defense either way

To me it was more like a Mum kissing a kid after they got hurt to show them some concern and empathy. Some people get offended by the slightest thing.

But your mum has a relationship with you (usually affectionate). Some random bb player does not.

Perhaps he was concerned that she had been hurt by the basketball and in his humanistic heart he conveyed compassion and empathy in the way that he thought appropriate.

I think his intentions may have been good but it's also a bit egotistical of him to think that one kiss from him (an uninvited one at that) is gonna make the boo-boo all better. She's a grown ass woman so a simple, "I am sorry that happened, hope you're okay" would have been much more appropriate.

I have a problem with strangers wanting to touch/hug/kiss me; so for me it would be a huge issue. Personally, when I noticed that was what he was going to do, I would have told him no. If he continued I would personally consider it an assault. Now, in this case it is quite apparent that she didn't have time to react, so I most likely would have told him that was NOT cool.

I think it is inappropriate. The relationship between the fan and the player was not to the point that ANY kiss was expected. The article states that the expression on the fan's face showed her feeling of it being inappropriate. There was a line crossed. This may be a good example of the atmosphere which leads to sexual harassment.

I must admit, I'm totally lost where the boundary of "political correctness" starts and stops. It seems to interfere with basic human instincts, such as in this case. I mean, it's not like he stuck his tongue down her throat is it? .. I wouldn't call a "kiss on the head" intimate πŸ™‚

Basic human instincts are to grab women by the hair and drag them back to the cave. The problem is, we're not cavemen anymore.

They are? I'm more evolved than I thought πŸ™‚

I have no problem with it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.