13 0

Do you agree with this statement?

• 17 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 2 votes
PickledRick 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Generally I would go with my instincts, as soon as I think about it I'm going with my reasoning 🙂

Yup. And they do say the gut is the "second brain."

After 30 years studying martial arts - one of the skills that develops is a great recognition of people. they say don't judge a book by it's cover - and it's mostly true - but the vibe people give off has proven itself over 90% accurate in my experiences.

No such thing as a vibration your 'body' picks up on. Knowledge, and experience triggers you mind to send the 'watch out' feeling.

People often forget that humans are animals too, and we too have instincts which enabled us to survive and recognize danger. most peopel discount their gut feelings as too emotional. However, I have regetted every time I have gone against my gut feeling. I hve nto regrets about following my gut instinct.

Read, 'Women's Ways of Knowing.' Great book!!!!!!

[amazon.com]

Yes, it is called wisdom, learning from past experiences !

Sometimes it’s correct, sometimes not. It’s dangerous to say ‘always listen to it’ or ‘always discard it’. We, as humans are infallible, and are also easily deceived, so always look for other evidence before making an important decision.

KenG Level 6 May 19, 2018

Dawkins talks about gut instinct in a few of his books on evolution. I think it's important to understand that while it is entirely irrational (or perhaps arational if that can be used as a proper word), gut instinct exists because our it saved the lives of our ancestors. I take such feelings as a firm warning to be cautious. If I can't get to the bottom of the feeling, I'll bug out.

I do not believe in chemistry. This has been discussed many times here. I do believe in one's ability to perceive certain body languages. Some have better relationships because they can read another's body language and some, like me, cannot and have a harder time. That is why I like to get to know someone first through writing or phone calls.

Yes. Ignoring my gut instinct has gotten me into trouble more than once, especially when it comes to meeting women. That big brain little brain problem men deal with. Not that my little brain is that little! ?

I don't think it's really a bulletproof way to do things, no. Have I had intuitions it turned out to be correct? Absolutely. Have I been totally wrong as well? Absolutely. I would never trust my intuition alone in all circumstances.

Trust, but verify.
Occasionally, it's just indigestion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:85014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.