Agnostic.com

11 2

What do you think of people that always says,” But the Bible said.”

I’ve come across so many people like that and it is almost annoying to hear them say,” the Bible said,” when you ask them a question. It’s pretty much them not being able to think for themselves and instead need a Bible to have answers for everything. I look at these people like brain dead robots. I can’t talk to them at all without having the urge to get angry at their stupidity.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are many scriptures which promote practices that today we would consider to be barbaric. The bible as written for a particular culture in a particular region at a a particular time period.

You might ask them if they also refer to the writing of Hypocrites, when it comes to matters of medicine and health. I mean if they are going to rely on books written over 2000 years ago, they should be consistent.

Even if they think the bible was a divinely inspired spritual guide, culture and society have an evolved morality that is much more humane than the bible. Just like they would not rely on Hypocrites in matters of medicine, they should lnot rely on the Bible in matters of spirituality and determining what is moral and right.

i hate that crap

I often respond with a Biblical quote that says the exact opposite. The book is full of contradictions.

I saw a great post recently, worth trying as a response... “THE BIBLE”. BECAUSE A BOOK WRITTEN BY A BUNCH OF GUYS THAT DIDN’T KNOW WHERE THE SUN WENT AT NIGHT... yeah, they must have all the answers...

Tomas Level 7 Dec 15, 2017

And thought the Earth was flat.

I think the best way to deal with this kind of thing is not to. They have been brainwashed into believing that what the Bible says is law and is at the core of there being. If you get angry they will see it as they are right which only serves to reinforce there beliefs. No instead go with "Mrs Brown's boys:- That's nice."

My Bible says that you are going to burn in hell for ever and ever and ever....

That's nice. (Smile)

Depending on the situation, I just look at them with no expression at all, or ,I point out the Bible contradicts itself in several places, then ask them how they choose WHICH verses to believe. That usually stumps them for a moment, because of course they insist every word is infallable.

prove to them by science and knowledge that they are wrong

That only works if they already have doubts.

I agree that it shows their inability to put in the effort to form their own opinions about a subject.
I think's lazy and I'm glad I don't have those people in my life.

I usually say, but what would you think if there was no bible? Works sometimes, some people can't think that far outside the box.

On a side note I made a shirt once that said, "WWBD", Which stood for "What would Batman do?"

"But Star Wars: The New Hope said..."

godef Level 7 Dec 15, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8534
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.