Agnostic.com

7 2

Is it true that most intelligent women are single? Are people that workout mostly single as well?

I can't get the article because it was on FB a long time ago, but it said, "Smart women tend to be single." Is that even true? They are more selective in their preferences in men or women.

I also heard that a lot of the people at the gym are single and working on their bodies so they feel good enough about themselves to find a partner. I have noticed a lot of men going there alone. Same for the women. I go alone. Sometimes I see people with workout buddies or some go with their significant others.

Mostly around town I don't see very many young couples out together. It's either families or single men and women shopping. Sometimes I see groups of two women or two men shopping together. Rarely do I see young couples. Perhaps they shop alone? I shop with my aunt once a week, and the rest of the time I shop alone. I think more people are staying single now. Why is that?

Sarahroo29 8 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That makes absolutely no sense. I have never been in a realationship with someone who wasn't intelligent. Stupid is a nonstarter. Don't assume people shopping alone are single. Most couples l know don't shop together very often.

I'm 54, and surprised by the number of female F.B. friends from my h.s. who have apparently given up on guys! We must suck!

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I believe it's got a lot to do with wages and people's lack of optimism.
Job security for many people is crap compared to a few decades ago. Home ownership was just a path to financial ruin for lots of folks. Combine that with stagnant wages, and the knowledge that divorce is utterly common... They're not dumb or lazy. They are actually pretty smart and observant.

We've created a generation that knows the old "War Games" lesson, "the only winning move is not to play."

I concur.

I think there are less barriers to being single now. Women can drive and own property and no longer must have a man. People that don't cook can have a hot meal at home in less than 10 minutes.

Yep.

There is a great deal to this. Today it isn't totally unbelievable for a woman to earn as much or more than a man, and it's only going to become more common.

I think there is much less pressure on woman today from businesses for 'her husbands opinion'... although it is still there. I have a FB friend who is an executive, and I really don't want to guess what she makes, but her house was over 400k. She recently vented about having to get rather blunt with a contractor that SHE was the homeowner, SHE paid the bills, and SHE didn't have to discuss it with her non-existent husband!

The more relationships Im in, the smarter being single seems.

Yes, I agree. I'm happier single.

All the intelligent women who have gone out with me are still single.

Lol.

It's better to be happy and single, than married and miserable. I don't need a man to complete me.

Many men my age want a "mommy" to take care of them- doing all the cooking and cleaning- and great sex. No, thanks.

Since age 21, I have worked out in a gym alone. I only work out with a friend if they know their own routine.

"You can whip me into shape," overweight men suggest. "Hire a trainer," I reply. "You would resent me if I nagged. I wouldn't get a workout if I spent all my time coaching you."

Nice. I can handle my own. I don't need a man's help.

Honestly not sure...

Oh, okay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86396
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.