Agnostic.com

4 2

Has anyone tried attending and making friends at a Unitarian Universalist church? I did, for most of my adult life, but eventually I just gave it up because even tho most of them were Humanists, Agnostics, and Atheists, I just couldn't get past what classist phonies and hypocrites they seemed to be regarding the denominations principles on seeing and treating other human beings as having equal worth and dignity, the First Principle of the church. They seemed way too class snobbish and cliquish, even tho I know that the latter is common to all churches. Tom

TomMcGiverin 8 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I regularly attend UU church. Most of my friends are UUs. I don’t love everyone’s personalities, but you get that with any group. I have been to many UU churches, and my experience is that every church is different. Sometimes wildly different. If it’s not a good fit, try another if you want. But if it doesn’t work for you, then something else might be a better fit. Good luck!

I think it depends on the church and the times. I had a great time at a UU church when I was young. Tried to connect here and it was much different.

I think one of my friends taught comparative religions in that church among others in the area. I personally prefer not to attend church services.

My wife and I have been going to one for a few months. So far the people have been really nice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8728
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.