Agnostic.com

31 7

Asexuality

How many men out there are asexual? It seems like every profile I read lists sex as an interest. I am not at all interested in sex. This is not something that someone can change my mind on. It seems that if I discuss this with a man I am viewed with suspicion or labeled as cold, or frigid or a lesbian. I am not any of these. I just am not romantically attracted to anyone. I enjoy companionship, someone to do things that are a mutual interest with. So, my question is how can I meet a man who is NOT interested in sex?

bluekrystal 4 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not as uncommon as people think. It might be worthwhile creating an asexual group on here.

Most of the women in my age group aren't interested in sex. I've talked with a few of them, and the two reasons I get are [1] they don't feel attractive any more, and [2] they don't know anyone they want to be with. I understand #2, but #1 surprised me.

If you're not interested in sex, then why does the sex of a partner even matter? You just want a guy to remove tight lids on jars?

I’m asexual. I prefer the more romantic and platonic side of things to the sexual. It doesn’t interest me and doesn’t matter to me at all, honestly.

With You? Or In General?

Coldo Level 8 May 22, 2018

I don't think you can. Sorry. Most men (young and old) have one thing on their minds. They're fine with all that other stuff too, but, unless they're not able to get an erection, they're interested in sex. The ones not able to get an erection (even with the aid of ED meds) are the ones you see on Investigation Discovery who are the serial killers (probably turned serial killer because they couldn't get it up.) 😛

First off never say "most men have one thing on their minds", that is a total stereotypical attitude and a lack of respect to men. Then saying the ones not able to get an erection are the ones who are serial killers. Your entire comment is disgusting and not wanted on this site. Go Away till you grow up!

@buzz13 Struck a nerve I see.

@ProudMerry A study of human nature.

I think you might be seeing things too close to your own experience to see that there are MANY different paths taken than the one you are treading on. There are asexual men out there. I'm not one. I am just not so blind as to see that diversity includes men not interested in sex.

@Clauddvon The nerve you may have hit is your lack of any humanity in you. Going around making ridiculous statements like yours is despicable and shows your prejudice for people that think differently than you. I believe that your type are not really Agnostic nor Atheist. If you truly were, you would realize people are here for comradeship and not to be judged by closed minded people as yourself.

@buzz13 You're probably right. 😉

@CK-One Thank you for your comment. It's appreciated

@CK-One, @ProudMerry Bravo!!!!-----

Bravo all!

(Note: "Choice" entails more than one option. If there is only one option, it's not really choice now, is it?)

Has your aversion to sexual intimacy been a lifelong thing or something new? If it is new, perhaps you're going through menopause or have already and your hormones are skewed? Or perhaps you just aren't feeling particularly happy with yourself? I'm truly not trying to be mean, just offering some suggestions. If it truly is just you not wanting to be physically intimate, I don't know the answer. Seems like most people do desire sex on some level. I hope you find whatever it is you need.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.