Agnostic.com

11 8

MRI sounds good?

A couple of years ago I had to get an MRI. I thought I'd freak out because I'm kinda claustrophobic but I actually enjoyed it on a weird level. I closed my eyes and listened to the noise. I liked the sounds, the different pings and knocks. When I came home I couldn't get it out of my head and downloaded an MRI file and listened to it a few times at home. Every once in a while ill pull it up when I'm doing art. Anyone else? Please tell me I'm not alone!

pepperjones 8 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That’s great!
My sound oddity is I like 2 stereos going at the same time-it used to be Taigo Dojo drumming on one & anything else on the other...years later I found Celtic on one & anything else on the other (anything I like I mean! Classic, opera, ballad, jazz, Ragnar!)
I also like a nice nonfiction on 2 systems...

Ragnar being reggae

Not at all! I had one a few years ago, and at first, found it a little unsettling. But after a few minutes, as I forced myself to calm and breathe, it was almost like a meditation for me.

And the pictures of my insides were too cool!!

Oh, no! I was going through a severe nerve problem when I had my MRI done. My left arm and neck constantly ached when I was in the machine. I couldn’t wait to get out of there!

@pepperjones it still aches, but I know how to do the adjusting where the nerve doesn’t pinch and cause the pain.

Lol... your never alone... we love you.

I hated it. I am claustrophobic. I had to keep my eyes closed, and that was a struggle for some reason, and invision open sky above me. That was an incredibly long 20 minutes. If l do it again they will have to knock my ass out.

@pepperjones Oddly is a good choice of word. ?

@pepperjones That is pretty funny. ?

Uhhh...you may have issues. 😛

@pepperjones Exclusive club that I'm a member of also! Nice to see you! Let's have a drink sometime and talk about our issues! 😛

@pepperjones Don't we all, especially the ones who think they don't?

@pepperjones I love my issues. I tuck them in and tell them bedtime stories each night.

@pepperjones Pretty much, but not in a bad way. ?

@pepperjones For you and me both! 😉

Kinky.

I have studied the bio-mechanical noises made by the devices in detail for many years...
I am now in a position to vocally mimic these sounds exactly without any arificial aids.
So I'll pick you up around 8 or 8.30

@pepperjones Affirmative ! Clunk click zoom clack?????

@pepperjones I am a Robocop... You have the right to remain sexy...assume the position! ???

MRI's....radiation treatments.....other scans involving the big donut slide.....
as a drummer I got into the clicking, whirring, knocks, taps, and general noise...it keeps time pretty well.
I use a fan for white noise though.

I've had 8 MRIs over the years, they are very relaxing, I have even dozed off during a few of them.

@pepperjones I'm doing well, they were all brain MRIs

Hmmm... I had an MRI once but never got a copy of it -- didn't know it had sounds!

@pepperjones I see -- I thought you were listening to your own MRI... I didn't mind the experience but found the machine rather scifi and intimidating. Apparently the magnetic field is quite powerful...

The only time I had an MRI, I was in intense pain with an intestinal infection. So my perspective is somewhat different than yours.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87547
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.