Agnostic.com

5 2

How long will it take for at least Christianity to become extinct? Decades? Centuries?

AndrewSnow 3 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We will all be dead by then, i think its probably never. so glad there is a life span so we aren't stuck in the middle of all this crap forever (or eternity or afterlife or whatever it is the bible thumpers believe) I have no religious friends, the closest I get to holy rollers is my cat groomer, and my part time employees crazy wife, the cat groomer is useful the latter is just nuts. I never see her except by accident.

Religions come and go with whoever is the dominant empire. All indications point to China being the next one, so I'm not sure it will ever be extinct, but it will lose its dominance. The Chinese are mainly Buddhists and Taoists, both of which are more of a philosophy that a religion, and hence no God to worship. That'll be a big improvement!

Hopefully before we become extinct. If not then, then at the same time.

centuries, maybe even a millenium

I can see it now in some far off century modern religious zealots comparing evangelical christians too worshippers of Baal and Beelzebulb.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.