Agnostic.com

14 3

The unexplained..

Has anyone experienced things in their lives that you just can't explain?? An event or occurrence? Something "weird"? Not something that would necessarily turn you to a believer/religious, but just something you can't explain? I'll start and it's ok to think I'm crazy lol Ever so offer I have precognitive dreams.. Like actual dreams about events that haven't happened yet, but they end up happening how I dreamt them. I even scared my sister with one of the dreams I had, because the next day.. It happened after telling her about it the day before. A believer friend of mine said it's "God". I totally disagree.. And another friend said it's a gift.. I again disagree. I can never alter the outcome of those dreams.. They happen and I can't prevent them.

Domination101 4 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have all had events of this type in our lives. For those who say "it's god" I disagree, but it is supernatural. Keep in mind that this term itself causes many to have god belief, but supernatural is a term we use when we cannot explain something. I have had these experiences in my own life in a rich sort of way and could tell you many stories. Some people think this "proves god" but I find nothing in the bible that would say so. It's just that we humans are complex creatures and we have so man things we do not know.

Just leave it to a Buybull thumper and they will try to get you believing anything. My boyhood religious friend keeps asking me about the volcanoes in Hawaii these days. He wants to convince me that his Buybull warned of these things. Really? I think not. I find no reference of Hawaii or a volcano but an active Evangelical will believe anything. It's the "end times" you know.

I had an event happen with my daughter when she was a child that I cannot explain. My father was dying. My then-husband and I had planned my first hunting trip for opening weekend so we made arrangements for my daughter to stay with a friend. My father died Thursday night. I was torn. I couldn't see the necessity of telling her right away since he was on the East Coast and we're in the midwest. After much thought I decided not to tell her until we came home on Sunday.
I sat her down and said, "Sweetie, I have something difficult to tell you." She said, "I know that Papa died on Thursday." When I asked her to tell me more she said that he'd come to her room that night and said he needed to say goodbye. But she wasn't to be sad because he didn't hurt any more.
I have NO idea how she knew. But they had a particularly close relationship and if it was possible, she's the one he would have visited.

A friend of mine moved to upstate New York with her husband about 15 years ago. She became ill, but was getting treatment and as far as I knew was doing well. One night, I had a dream where she came to me and said that she was very sick and was in the hospital and was going to die soon, and that she wanted me to come up and visit her and that her husband was going to need me for support.
The next day I called her home, and her husband told me that she was in the hospital and they had found out she probably wouldn't be leaving the hospital. He was devastated. I went up the next week and it was the last time I saw her alive; she was barely able to speak, but was glad I came.

The weird thing is that I've never had anything weird happen.

Well, two hours ago, I knocked a full cup of tea over the keyboard of my Apple laptop - I just can't explain it. Fortunately a microsoft machine came to the rescue (I'm using it now). The other laptop is drying out - I won't using it until tomorrow. I do not add to tea so less of things 'gumming up' I hope!

Source:

I do not add SUGAR to tea so less chance of things 'gumming up' Well, this evening (three full days later to allow 'drying out'😉 and with some trepidation, I connected up my assumed dead laptop and 'Lo and behold - it lives!' Lazarus eat your heart out for I am rejoicing and exceeding glad!

While in high school, I had one girlfriend who, about 75% of the time that we called each other, we would pick up the phone before it rang. Ours was a busy phone, I had a younger brother and an older sister, and lots of people called, but it only happened with Karen and I. The same happened at her house as well.
I've also had a very close relationship with my brother, and there have been several times when I have just had a "feeling" that I needed to check on him, that there was something amiss, and every time I had that feeling, I was right, except one. (that time, he had an accident driving my car)
I don't know if it runs in my family or if my family just seems to talk about it more, but I had a couple of aunts who had weird stuff go on all the time. One of them had dreams about things all the time, and I don't know of any that were not true. She dreamed that one of her good friends in Florida was going to have a heart attack while driving. (this was way before cell phones.) She tried to call the woman, but couldn't contact her, so she called her daughter. The daughter told her she had received a call from the hospital and an ambulance had just brought her mother in. She'd had a heart attack behind the wheel. She also had a daughter who had 8 kids; my aunt knew before my cousin was pregnant before she did, and whether it was a boy or girl and was right every time. There was lots more, too, some kind of scary, but I won't bore you guys...

When the song "Sweet Soul Music" by Arthur Conley was popular my best friend and I would cruise around in a car drinking beer and talking. On several occasions we would instantly start singing the song and turn on the radio at the same time. There it is - "do you like good music, yeah, yeah." It was as if we knew it was playing just then. The connection here was uncanny.

I don't have weird stuff happen to me much, except when my hair is having a bad day. Even after I've showered. Lol.

Since I was a kid...maybe 5 or 6...I have had weird things happen...weird sounds...see strange faces...and always dream 'informative' dreams...I just figured everyone did because it was common for me...

I think we've all experienced things we can't directly explain, but a lot of times I consider probability and how that factors into these events. If we think about dreams (all dreams, across all humanity), for example, some percentage are bound to be similar or exact to events that come to pass. It would be truly extraordinary if that weren't the case. And, statistically, it stands to reason that there's a bell curve where most of us experience something like that on rare occasion, but a small percentage of people almost never have such experiences while another small percentage seems to have such prophetic dreams frequently. It only seems strange from a subjective viewpoint, where it appears highly improbable because it's hard to think in terms of the global scale.

I've had a fair few freaky things happen the most consistent was when I was a teenager. My father used to travel overseas for work so I'd be stuck with just my mother for weeks at a time and she was an alcoholic so I'd get fed up of an evening with the stumbling drunken fool, grab a book and go up to a local park and read under the streetlight for an hour or two. Anyway when I decided to walk home it took my past a phone booth and one night as I walked home I thought I saw a friend in the booth but as I got closer there was nobody there. Got home and there was a message for me that the friend I saw had rung.

Anyway that would be an odd coincidence if it had happened only once, but it kept on happening, if nobody had rung I wouldn't see anyone in the phone booth unless an actual person was using it but if somebody had rung I would see them in the phone booth. Can't explain i,t but this happened over a couple of years so your guess is as good as mine. And no they weren't ringing me from the phone booth most of the ones I saw lived 10 or more miles away.

Kimba Level 7 May 23, 2018

Some folks are writing about chance occurrence in which they survived. That’s not a miracle. If you hadn’t survived (as many don’t) such an event then you wouldn’t be able to talk about it now. Sometimes you survive and once you don’t. It’s chance.
One person describes a sound. I’ll grant you it was odd but Northern LIghts are also odd if you don’t know what causes them.
As a youth I was fascinated by ghosts and parapsychology. Read everything I could find and hoped to see one. It’s never happened despite being in “haunted” places. I’ve drawn a theory that it’s our electrons, held in this gravity by magnetism, that occasionally realign into what was once a brain configuration.
As for precognition...IDK. I can’t say that you haven’t had these experiences so that leaves time travel. Doesn’t it? I mean, how else could you know a future event? There have been previous mystics who got some things right but not others so maybe some peek through a window while in Delta state?
The thing is, I can’t know. Therefore, I no longer think much about it. It’s much like meeting someone younger who actually wants to touch me. I shrug and say,”Hm.”

If it's true, you are a receiver receiving a certain frequency that maybe most others don't. We're all receivers with our brains. You said you can't alter the outcomes. I assume that means you have tried? Why do you think you can't alter them?

I was going to take the subway back home when I realized I didn't have enough money to buy a token. But on the steps down to the subway I found a token on the steps. I was 12 years old when this miracle occurred.

Very interesting!

There’s more to reality than meets the eye. There are deep, unexplainable mysteries.

There is only one thing that's ever happened to me that I couldn't explain. I was really far out in the country trying to find a dog kennel that one of my co-workers ran. Out of nowhere this ear splitting noise started. It sounded like an out of tune trumpet but it was so loud that I couldn't hear my own voice over the noise. I panicked. I pulled the car over and got out to try and see what was causing it. It lasted for about 5 minutes and then it just stopped. That was the most scared I've ever been in my life.

I came home and googled the hell out of it and there are a dozen or so videos on YouTube that record the exact same sound with varying degrees of loudness. If anyone is interested Google "sky trumpets". There is a Reddit and several videos debunking people that have heard them and some of the videos, but I swear on my life that this happened. I'm an atheist, I'm a skeptic, and I don't believe in anything paranormal or supernatural. I'm sure there is an explanation for the noise but I did indeed hear it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:88128
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.