Agnostic.com

28 2

Are humans innately theists?

In a hypothetical world, is it possible to raise a children throughout their whole lives without any mention of theistic views and all their creation questions answered with science and facts, will they look for a thing to believe in? Or will they just advance with science and facts.

nezer 4 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the answer to all of your questions except the post's title is yes. If the world suddenly had no memory of religion, in this day and age of technological wonders and advanced science, I don't think religion would ever be created again. Of course they're going to be the occasional crackpot, but we'd see it for what it is and they'd get treatment for their illnesses. No one would take them seriously except another crackpot. And, thankfully, with religion removed, they'd be far less numerous than they are now. But, keep in mind, that in my scenario there is the implication that there'd also be almost an entire population full of half-educated folks walking around lacking the knowledge of how things work. they already do now, they just don't know it because "god did it".

Human want answers, they want to know why.
In the past no-one knew so the answer is "God" All knowing all powerful, he did it, leave it to him. All questions answered.
These days we have many answers, so we don't need the God reply.

No, we are either born into theist culture or we are not !

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:88196
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.