Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Prominent Southern Baptist leader Paige Patterson removed as seminary president after controversial remarks about abused women - The Washington Post

Well, I posted about Paige Patterson yesterday. This morning it's come out that he has 1) been asked to resign from his position as president of Southwestern Theological Seminary (though he gets the title of "president emeritus" and ongoing compensation) and 2) will NOT be giving the major address at the SBC! Like I said earlier, #metoo has come to bite Patterson big-time-thank you, Southern Baptist women! Maybe a small first step, but a step, nonetheless!

BookDeath 8 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let's hope they awaken

What grab em anywhere piss face?

Coldo Level 8 May 23, 2018

@BookDeath Oops

Why are we defending the stupid people that stupidly listen to him? All of the women who are effected by this are Southern Baptist. That should not be considered positive.

Also, these comments are from the years 2000-2014, and they didn't even put the original words of the comments.

Finally, why is a remark about the attractiveness of women even taken in a political context? Are the people at the Washington Post really that stupid?

@BookDeath

Forget about whether they went right, or not. This is irrelevant, overused rhetoric which is not going to improve anything for those who need it, and that which needs it.

There is such a thing called left-conservatism, and our country is way, way too conservative. Your right-wing conservatives are not the only problem, because they hide under the left-wing banner to completely cock up their scope of control, and cause a pandemic of problems.

Conservatives either have no intelligent ideas, struggle with bias, an over-abundance of idiots, and just want to keep drinking the Ronald Reagan kool-aid. The rest of the kool-aid they are drinking is also a bunch of woo and incorrect information.

Also, challenging patriarchy was a bad idea, to be honest. You are talking about empowering a population that is 3/4ths made of individuals that are not rational for two weeks out of every month, are almost never mature, and that want political power. That is going to create serious problems.

Science, logic, math, philosophy, etc. and all of the factual disciplines are not left wing, or right wing, or anything like that.

You are basically helping a means of misinformation and delusion when you are supporting left-wing groups like feminists, okay?
[gender.cawater-info.net]

@BookDeath

Yes, I do mean women. I act for the good ones when I say that.

It's so clear from his comments that a woman's life is worth significantly less than a man's need for sex.

It is good that women's issues and sexism are getting more attention and that those who downplay the seriousness of women's concerns are coming under criticisms.

Yeah, and his "apology" is pure junk..making himself look good. It's the same advice I got from all pastor counselors my husband and I went to..just forgive and forget, etc. even as my husband continued his dangerous behavior and cheating.

I was so religious, I stayed far too long in the marriage, but eventually ditched both him and religion.

Good bye, so long, ta ta, don't let the door hit ya in the ass (aka your head)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:88316
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.