Agnostic.com

6 0

I'm studying to take the pharmacy technician test. Anyone have any advice or tips/hints? I have a book already. Thanks ya'll.

WhistlingFox 4 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have your math down cold. Both IV and retail. Know how to pick apart a reading problem and toss the garbage. Find what the problem wants-number of tablets or mls of liquid- and find the things that apply to that answer. Know the metric system-kg, gm, mg, mcg, and how to move between them- 1 gm=1000 mg, 1 mg=1000 mcg, pounds to kg-divide pounds by 2.2, etc. I've been a hospital pharm tech for a very long time and lead IV tech, IV instructor and pharmacy math instructor for about 20 years. Know what info that by law has to be on a retail label. Know the schedule drugs and the general laws around them. Good luck.
PS-If you have the option, get into a hospital pharmacy and push yourself and put your knowledge to good use.

I moved from retail to hospital and it was a wonderful step up in opportunity, environment, and variety.

@Kenny_M And probably pay as well. They haven't printed enough money to make me work retail. I find hospital more rewarding.

Don't sample the merchandise

As a lecturer my advice is this. Timetable your studies, 2hrs a night. Always have a break between studying. Make notes, read through classroom materials, check your textbooks and watch some videos. I love the khan academic videos for medication interactions. The other good advice is...eat well, sleep well, drink plenty of water and always have one day off to chill and do fun things, or veg and do nothing. Good luck xx

Become a druggy !

Get off this website and read the book very carefully.

Don't let the Big Pharma whak-a-doos get you down.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:89072
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.