Agnostic.com

18 3

Do you chase after change, run away from it, or have found a healthy balance/happy medium?

For instance, I know people who can't stay in a relationship or live in one place for too long without getting bored or restless; at the same time, I know someone who gets bent out of shape when they.change the layout in the supermarket. Where is your "balance"?

bleurowz 8 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good thought provoking question. I'm someone who embraces change, as it's inevitable, but I don't necessarily seek it out. I will stay in a relationship if it's working well for both of us, but just ended one that was clearly toxic with a lot of bickering which I abhor. My partner got offended over everything...it got so I was walking on eggs rather than upset him. Time to move on.

I know people who are very unhappy and never handle any kind of change well...thank goodness I didn't get that gene!

Ironically change is constant.....

Change does not bother me at all

I take change as it comes and do my best to adapt. When the change is beneficial, I seek it. When it is detrimental but will happen regardless of my actions, I prefer to face it head-on. That way, I can recover sooner.

I have learned how to create life balance wherever I am, but that metamorphosis only developed as I moved into my 40s. Up until then, I was a typical Gemini, always looking for that adrenaline rush, not through danger, but as a result of facilitating constant change and challenge; I have surmised that i needed to sample everything life had to offer after suffering a near death experience in my early 20s. So as I developed my assertive personality, facilitating the balance became possible, and my norm; it still is.

I believe that the attributes which allow me to maintain the balance is acceptance, always looking for the learning in situations and people, dropping my expectations, relinquishing the belief that the grass can always be greener elsewhere, and doing what feels good while dumping what doesn't. In my life I also choose to be around people who are joy-boosters, while keeping joy-busters at a safe distance. Having powerful intuitive senses is also an incredible and valuable asset.

Great advice...I'm also a Gemini so I hear you loud and clear!

@Kaara12 Took me my first 30 or so years to care about living a balanced life, which as a Gemini, I'm sure you also understand. Then it took me another 10 to actually find it. LOL

I adapt.

I have two large Ingles supermarkets within 5 miles of me. Their layouts are identical, including where everything is on the shelves. I love that.

Only quarters; sometimes half dollars. 😉

Typically avoid change.... However, some things have changed drastically in my life over the past year. Random, sudden, unavoidable. I had no choice but to accept the situations. Couldn't really run from it, and certainly didn't embrace it. Is what it is, but way outside the comfort zone.

I like change when it's my idea. I hate to be put in a situation where I have to change. I don't come undone when the nearby grocery changes things up, but it is annoying having to look for stuff.

I have sought change in much of my life and career, but I still like my islands of stability and security.

I like change pretty much, although variety is as important. The same ? Maybe.
This is my 5th state, probably be the last.
Found a nice town to kick back in and finish the ride.

I let change into my life and do what it wants. It will whether I accept it or not. Let it in and laugh.

It just happens.We change every day.

Coldo Level 8 May 25, 2018

I crave change (when bored and restless) and I despise change (when thrust upon me). Is that the definition of a CONTROL FREAK?

Just a woman! lol ????

@Coldo No, control freaks are not limited to only women. sigh.....

@patchoullijulie I Know!; ?

@Coldo just like a man, lol. 💋 😛

I like to think that I have found a healthy balance, but I am not so sure. After all there is change that we love and change that we hate.

I don't like change.

Change is inevitable. Best to be as adaptable as possible.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:90450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.