Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK Urge your Senators to co-sponsor the Do No Harm Act today!

Dear Friends,

When the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) became law in 1993, no one expected that it would be used to allow religiously motivated discrimination against other Americans. Sadly, the religious right twisted this law to allow all sorts of religiously motivated bad behavior, which is why we were glad to see the Do No Harm Act introduced in the Senate this week. In fact, the AHA is so supportive of this new legislation that we are listed as an official supporting organization by the Senators who introduced the bill.

The Do No Harm Act would change RFRA by clarifying that it cannot counteract civil rights laws, employment law, protections against child abuse or access to health care. That means that RFRA would finally do what it was intended to do: protect the religious rights of all Americans while also protecting our civil rights and liberties.

Can you take a moment right now to ask your Senators to co-sponsor this important bill?

In order for this bill to become law we need to overcome opposition by the religious right in Congress, which means we need all humanists to take action on this important issue and contact your Senators. Urge your Senators to co-sponsor the Do No Harm Act today!

Thank you for standing up against religiously-motivated discrimination.

Sincerely,

Roy Speckhardt, AHA Executive Director

Roy Speckhardt, Executive Director

Roy Speckhardt
Executive Director

zblaze 7 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We are fortunate in Connecticut that our senators,support this legislation. Is there,a way for us to support people in other states?

Just try to circulate the information as broadly as you can.

Mine from Ct support it. Yeah for them.

I wish you luck there but somehow I am not optimistic.

I just saw this and will write my congress people. However, they are all Democrats and usually support the same things we do.

I'm live in Texas and both my senators are republican, conservative, evangelicals and will just laugh at any attempt to sponsor or pass this legislation as will any and all like minded senators is congress.

@jlynn37 Sorry to read that. The news hacks say things are getting better there.

@pye-rate So you are the real "Troll"! I watched this being built and brought many visitors to see the thing that tried to nab a bus.

@jlynn37 The FFRF listing of wins is high in this state. They have even sued the governor and won.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:90689
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.