Agnostic.com

29 2

Are haircuts too expensive?

The ritual of getting one's hair regularly washed, cut, dried and styled in a salon clashes with the real life issues of time, finances and travel; prompting some to cut their own hair at home instead.

For women this may be an even bigger deal, as women are often charged more for a haircut than men. So deciding to cut one's own hair at home may prove a substantial money-saving choice, especially over the long term.

Who cuts their own hair and why?

Ellatynemouth 8 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes

Women can go to a barber and pay less, but it seems most prefer a salon for the pampering.

I go to a barber and get my hair cut, we talk trash about politics, and it's $11 plus tip (do NOT stiff your barber, bartender, or uber).
My ex would go to her stylist and pay 60 every other month, and they'd talk each other up (shes the 3rd longest running customer there) and it seems the salon is more of a social thing, just more scissors and less wine.

Ladies, if you have short hair or like the same trim cut all the time, by all means find a good barber and s/he will treat you right for a decade.

Angus Level 5 June 9, 2018

I've not seen that option for women. A dry hair cut would suit me fine.

I used to cut my own hair, not anymore. It was somehow easier to do when I had loads of it.
But yes, it's $pendy. I go in & tell mine "do something bitchy & east coast" "that says I know what I'm doing when I really don't" . LOL And she does the thing. I'd bleep it up so am stuck commissioning teh "organized" look.

I cute my own bangs too! just like @Ella! they grow so fast...probably every 7-10 days I'm trimming them....I also got good scissors to do it.

Other than that....I get my hair trimmed every six months --- 2x a year -- April and October

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:91810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.