Agnostic.com

18 3

What are some of your favorite and least favorite retailers, in-store or online?

I am quickly falling in love with Trader Joe's. I also like Target and, yeah, Amazon. Also a fan of a fair-trade site called Greater Good. I try to stay with companies with more conscientious business practices, but I must admit it's not easy.

bleurowz 8 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I sent hundreds of dollars of clothing to shelters, strangers or to the salvation army over the years. I'm more frugal and socially conscious now about where the clothes come from and their work conditions.

That's a question for me...it depends really on how much I am willing to spend and if it's for a special occasion.

Faves: Aldi, Trader Joe's, Ingles, Publix, Target, Michael's, Goodwill

Least faves: Hobby Lobby, Chic fil et (okay maybe it's not retail)

I don't go to brick and mortar retail unless I absolutely have to. I don't ever shop at Wal-Mart. As far as online goes, Amazon is the king of the mountain. A great place to buy shoes is at Zappos.com. They have an extensive selection, unbeatable prices and free, overnight shipping. Returns are simple, no hassle and FREE. No questions asked. They also have other items and clothes. [zappos.com]

I hate Walmart because I used to work at one and they treat employees like shit. I love Aldi's prices and policies. I like PetSmart because they work with shelter animals and help them get homes.

Community Supported Agriculture. ...AmerI came ATHEIST PRESS

Favorites: Goodwill, Salvation Army, Tide Well, Habitat for Humanity, St. Francis Society ( hey it's for the animals not a god).
Worst: Lowes, Target, Sears (won't be around much longer), Hobby Lobby ( creepy theist owner).

Favorite, hands-down, is Costco. Least favorite is any dollar store.

I pretty much order anything I need or want from Amazon, unless it's a specialty item.

Me, too

I don't do any buying online.
Wal-Mart sucks.
I'm a thrift store magician - I find good stuff.

Amazon for pretty much everything not food related. Have multiple selections, reviews to look through, a good return policy, free shipping (Prime member). Prices are not always the best though and in that case I may buy from some other place. I seldom go to a store since the nearest big stores are at least a 30 min. drive. Grocery store right in town and the same chain I shopped at for years in Wisconsin, Piggly Wiggly.

These days, trying to choose a favorite retail store is like trying to choose a favorite species of mosquito.

I like to avoid spending and tend to buy second hand when possible so I do a lot of ebay and thrift shops. One exception is Penzeys spice company. I love their message and feel good spending money with them. Plus my food would be really bland without some spices.

This is easy. Forever 21 (yes at my age and especially at my age), Target, Macy's, Sprouts, Trader Joes, Amazon and funky thrift stores. I loathe going to Walmart (I freely admit that I am a snob but I have on occasion found some great deals there), 99c store (I feel like I need to go home and take a shower to wash off all the chemicals), JC Penney(or the likes) and outlet stores.

Just amazon for everything except food, get most of that local.

TomThumb- Most expensive grocery store.They are nazis about using those stupid cards, and the lines are always super long.

Favorites: Amazon; Home Goods; Lowes
Least favorite: Sears, Kmart, Walmart

llbean very favorite Walmart terrible

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:91906
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.