Agnostic.com

1 2

I never thought I would live to see the day when the best and brightest Democrat political hopefuls would run away from the process. They run away because they would be treated in the same way as Al Franken. I thought it was bad when some of the Democratic voters started eating their own for not passing their stupid litmus tests. Now the party hierarchy sees fit to do it.

The last time I looked in the mirror I saw a flawed but honest HUMAN BEING. I have skeletons in my closet and things I don’t like about myself that I would hope never see the light of day. In other words, WE ARE ALL FLAWED.

The level of scrutiny a candidate must endure, at least to me seems nearly intolerable. The percentage of courageous liberal candidates is barely enough to count on one hand. The most obvious stand out is Elizabeth Warren. Few have her courage. I also counted Franken in that group.

Is Elizabeth the next on the chopping block? The GOP is not afraid of anyone else in the party. Nor are they afraid of the pretender, Bernie Sanders.

When the GOP is afraid of a strong voice their spin machine works through the wee hours to smear them. If they cannot smear them they make things up.

THAT'S WHAT WE NOW HAVE IN THE USA.

PS: This reminds me of a famous quote from the McCarthy hearings. I paraphrase here and direct it at the Democratic Senators in congress: "HAVE YOU NO SHAME SENATORS, HAVE YOU NO SHAME?"

realdancermn 5 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm curious as to if you're talking about Franken resigning over his groping allegations? And how that would add up to the democrats eating their own. I also find it odd you consider Sanders a pretender and not place the same label on Warren. I think Warren will be just fine, she rides within the same boat as Sanders. Both being pretenders in my opinion. Tools to keep the party sheep in line as they work in the shadows for the establishment with the republicans. Franken did the right thing for the democrats, and society. He got caught red handed with photo prove that he is a misogynist. And even admitted to his actions. But you're ok with that?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9225
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.