17 0

Do you never get bored of talk about God?

Do you never get bored of talk about God?

By Tesla
Favorite
Please or register to see comments
17 comments

Yes I get bored with talking and thinking about God more now that I have left religion! How does that work with atheism?

Hugene2002 Level 5 Oct 21, 2017

Haha. I definitely get bored with it. I'm at a point in my thinking that I'm not actively seeking answers. I'm content with my beliefs. I contribute as the mood strikes me, but I'm not obsessed with the topic.

bingst Level 4 Oct 16, 2017

I do. It is outdated. It is an explanation for everything unexplained.

To be uncertain is uncomfortable
To be certain is absurd

MustardSeed Level 5 Oct 13, 2017

I'm more interested in why people believe and why they seem to have such a hard time leaving it. They must know at some level its all a bunch of hooey because if the didn't, none of them would fear death, they would look forward to the end, and that's just not the case.

paul1967 Level 7 Oct 12, 2017

I talk shit about him, but other than that, I am totally uninterested in testimonials and I tire of talk that the United States is "Christian", and I don't want to hear about their twisted value system.

rbatt014 Level 2 Oct 12, 2017

Talking about God or talking about religion? Yes, talking about God is usually boring as heck, but talking about religion can be fascinating if you look at the different metaphysical underpinnings for various religions. Philosophy is always fun.

Liam Level 2 Oct 12, 2017

I would rather talk about more interesting things and hear what people like you have to say about far more interesting things.

HeathenFarmer Level 6 Oct 11, 2017

yeah, I actually don't talk about it much anymore, this website is the most exposure I've gotten to religious discussion in a while

Sarcasm Level 6 Oct 8, 2017

Yes... I'm still waiting for this to be more of a dating site than a same old atheist discussion forum.

Redlegdex Level 5 Oct 7, 2017
we have the same position

I don't usually talk about God with a big G as it puts the abrahamic god as being more important than other gods, like Thor or Vishnu. I do like talking about religion in general, but I adopt a historical point of view, as I like to see what kind of "historical setting" led to the creation of what religion.

MarcO Level 4 Oct 7, 2017

As long as I live I'll never get bored of about God be it executive or pedestrian level

SonnyMlaPH Level 7 Oct 7, 2017

yes, why I want to date an atheist women. so I don't have to revisit the ever dull topic of god and its bad reasoning from its fans.

MichaelSpinler Level 7 Oct 7, 2017
LOL
yep

Sure - just like any other topic it can be exhausted.

atheist Level 7 Oct 7, 2017

Frankly, Tesla, to me the word has basically become just another expression of, usually, exasperation. So, no, the word doesn't bother me; and hearing it on the media doesn't bother me because I can control whether or not I stay on the channel or station where it comes up. If I get into any personal discussions on the topic, either it's with someone whose like-minded, or I immediately make my non-belief known and that pretty much shuts down the discussion on that topic.

Bikersurfer Level 6 Oct 7, 2017

At least not while I am destroying a theist at one's own game.

Bookandacup Level 3 Oct 7, 2017
Maybe "trying to reform a theist" sounds better
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit organization promoting universal truths and peaceful life without religion