Agnostic.com

49 20

What is beautiful to you?

I have many things I consider beautiful. Natural world, music, art, and even people. But in this case I am referring to a partner.
And please don't mistake this question for aesthetic beauty. But more along the lines of human nature, personality and that thing some people call spirit or soul.

Akfishlady 8 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Honesty, loyalty, integrity, kindness, and a wicked sense of humor.
Those are the most beautiful qualities in any human, but most especially in a partner.

Kindness, sensitivity, confidence

Empathy, humor, authenticity, a deep and open mind.

They say there are two ways to go through life, as if nothing is a miracle, and as if everything is a miracle. Now, perhaps not the right sentiments for agnostics.com, but there was just a post about how EVERY post seems to be about language. So, not a miracle in the supreme nonexistent being manner, but a miracle in the wonder of nature manner.

What is beautiful? Everything.

Ozman Level 7 May 28, 2018

Empathy, understanding.

someone who Smiles because you're smiling, someone who reaches out with both hands and heart when you fall, someone brave enough to share pain, and compassionate enough to see it.

Kindness, empathy, humor, passion.

Peaceful enjoyment....of anything or anyone!

Sunrises. Sunsets. Stars. Bonfires. Trees. Overgrown grass littered with dandelions. The sound of crickets chirping in the night and birds singing in the morning. Ripe strawberries. Urban art in unexpected places. Bodies of water, big and small. The faces of my friends and loved ones. Uncontainable smiles. Flowers that still have their roots in the ground. So much beauty, and I find it everywhere whenever I take the time to notice it.

Oh... in a partner. I'm not ready to answer that. I don't want one.

Apologies, I should have read more closely the first time.

Silently moving in the same direction.

Kindness and humor. If they owned a music store or a donut shop that would be cool too. ☺

I love watching someone perform a kindness for someone they don't know and have no expectations of anything in return. That is beauty in a person.

I love hearing couples gushing what they love about each other, when reading their personally prepared wedding vows to each other, often surprising their mate with their notice of little details of their mate's personality quirks. I wish romantic couples would spend more energy reminding each other what they love about each other. That is beauty in romance.

BTW - I've heard many a beautiful sentiments by couples standing where you took this photo, when I used to perform weddings at Snoqualmie Falls! That is beauty in nature!

There are people that glow with goodness and make those around them happy. Someone that is self-sufficient but still able to ask for help when needed. Assertive and honest. It also helps to smell nice too.

Hiking. The natural world for sure. For some reason baby animals

For me it is compasion. Watching people rescue others who can offer them nothing in return. The story of a woman who rescued a deformed bee. A man in france climbing a building to rescue a toddler dangling from a rail. The connection of living things to care for one another, which is made all the more beutiful the grater the desparity in size and power. Seeing a spider in my house and being afraid, but not letting that fear cost a life. Collecting the spider and letting it go outside. Why should that spiders life be any less important than mine? Size dose not matter. Strength does not matter. I can live my life and it can live it's life. It's not important if anyone knows, it just seems beutiful to me. So perhapse that is what I get in return.

"Beautiful" definition by dictionary.com.

adjective

1. having beauty; possessing qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind:

2. a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.

3. excellent of its kind:

4. beautiful putt on the seventh hole; The chef served us a beautiful roast of beef.

5. wonderful; very pleasing or satisfying.

@McVinegar, Thanks for making me laugh. I have been posting definitions stating the obvious with odd questions.

1. Do blind people understand transparency, reflective and translucent? "With a Braille or auditory dictionary, blind people can look up the definitions," I replied. I gave the definitions.

2. What is beautiful to you? I replied with the definition of "beautiful."

3. Is contentment a mini-death? I gave the definition of "contentment," the opposite of death.

Couldn't resist.

Nature and the biology, chemistry and physics that it uses.

For non-aesthetic beauty, I would say the single most attractive feature to me is compassion. Nothing warms me to a person more than seeing them go out of their way to help someone, or even to simply empathize, understand, or act kindly.

Love, and the people you love and who love you, the love of animals and nature. There are more things that are beautiful than ugly.

Nature!

Patience to explain things and communicate effectively; kindness in doing little things like making a cup of tea when you're frazzled; the ability to stand up for themselves in a respectful way; and a childlike ability to be interested in life.

Childlike. The innocence of Youth. Keeping that in adulthood

@JohnPaul exactly, but adults have more power so self awareness and self control must be better developed.

@girlwithsmiles Yes! Not self indulged or naive. Finding Simple Pleasures and not being suspicious of others

compassion selflessness

Finding someone compatible where doing things together becomes natural and enjoyable. Sounds very simple, doesn't?

Hoonah Alaska, mountains, streams, bears,eagles, humpback and killer whales plus my son his wife and five grandchildren. I'll be there in July.

@Akfishlady My son moved there in 98, married a native Tlinget had kids and now gives me a cheap place to stay in Alaska. I like to visit but couldn't live on an island.

Tenderness, nurturing, being helpful, observant, tolerance, kindness, patience, curiosity, acceptance, being comfortable in his/her own skin, and self awareness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:93359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.