Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK Memorial Day – 7 Facts Documenting Our Neglect of Millions of Veterans

Parades for war while actual veterans languish...

Krish55 8 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the best ways to honor our war dead is to help take care of their buddies who survived.

The vets need to be able to go to any hospital or doctor. It is the same as being a prisoner of war to deny them medical treatment.

Good article, Krish!! It's absurd that D.C. doesn't seem to care about this.

Anything that cost money will be rejected by the republicans. We as a country should have been the first country to have universal health. The wealthy do not give a dam about anyone but their money .They do not care about the situations they employ that are ruining our air, water and land just to pile up their money.For that matter they do not believe in sharing the money with the workers who make the money for them they are so stupid.

The flag waving is used to distract us from the fact the ruling class couldn't give a f*** about the men and women they've slaughtered, and continue to slaughter for their imperialist goals. We are disposable.

Link bookmarked.

Of course, 45 has been busily cutting what little benefits they have left.

Homeless veteran numbers up for the first time in 7 years––as Trump administration plans to cut funding to program aiding homeless former service members. [newsweek.com]

I see your point but also Memorial Day isn’t for our veterans. It’s for the dead.

Sorry it is for all who served their coutry living or dead or living while wounded.

@Marine “Memorial Day or Decoration Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces.” [en.m.wikipedia.org]

@filcek78 It might be decribed that way but it is not how it was practiced in the military. The honoring of the dead was considered just one part of the day. It was a very special day for those living with wounds and for those on active duty we even received a special meal.I believe it did start as a day for the dead ut has evolved.Regardless this is how we celebrate it. We normally go to the vet hospital.

@Marine Maybe it was like that where you were but I can tell you as an Iraq & Afghanistan vet/retired Army paratrooper that Memorial Day was all about the Fallen Soldiers. While our meal was normal the chow hall would have a plate for the Fallen Soldiers. Memorial Day is definitely NOT about the veterans and it’s a pet peeve of mine and most of the vets and still serving that I know when it’s confused.

@filcek78 I agree with you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:93376
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.