Agnostic.com

11 0

How is that someone thinks he/she is madly in love with someone the first time they chat online long before they even meet each other??

That to me is the most ridiculous behavior and it annoys me so.

MyLadyAlexis 3 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nut case....run!

Usually, that's a scammer. If they ask you to move to another platform (Hangouts, etc.) so you can "get to know each other better", report them. They'll be calling you babe, professing their eternal love for you, and asking you for money before the day is out.

Sometimes I tell them I'd be happy to go to the other platform if they want to end me nudes of them. 🙂

i think each person is unique if someone is happy why not who are we to judge others we do not want to control them do we we are not that human that like controlling others thru our actions

Rosh Level 7 May 30, 2018

It is easier to like someone online than in person because you usually only know what they tell you about them (and it is usually only good stuff). So your head fills in the rest about that person as what you want them to be like instead of the real them...

Sounds like a Libra - they always have to be part of a couple.

The grass is always greener on the other side, or it's puppy love? Maybe loneliness, and just talking to someone makes you feel that way? From my Sociology classes that's what I'd guess. But ANYONE can be ANYONE on the internet. Just like the prince from some unknown country will give you 100 mil, but you have to give him 5K for fees. Kind of on topic, I don't see why women who are beaten keep on breaking up with a guy, then keep on returning. I know this is a different senario, but kind of similar. They promise you the world, but don't end up being good people.

Desperate morons . It annoys me when people go on reality tv shows and within a week they love each other

At least in reality TV, it's for money; so there's something they love.

@JimG lol yeah there is that

Good question. I have found that people like that are either desparate or are scammers. I just have to take that sort of thing with a very large grain of salt.

For real people, it could be that someone is just that lonely that they imagine this other person to be their ideal mate, without knowing much about them.

For scammers, it's their specialty to make someone believe they are in love with them, so they can bilk them out of their life savings, or home sale proceeds.

My ex-husband fell for one of those scammers, before we were fully divorced, and lost everything in our joint checking account after sending it to "Rose" in Singapore who was "in love" with him via Match. When I questioned where the money went from the sale of our home when our divorce was final, he just said he made a bad investment. Poor guy went to the airport to "pick her up" with flowers and a card, but of course she was a no show, after he wired her the funds. She was likely spending my/our money in Singapore, or wherever "Rose" really was.

Be very wary of people who say they are "in love" over the internet!

Yep - just gotta let it go. Was years ago.

I too am baffled by such.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.