Agnostic.com

26 3

James Bond

Am watching Daniel Craig....I am thinking he may be my favorite 007...I did like Peirce Brosnan too. What are your votes ?

annedoneal 6 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the best James Bond was Sean Connery

@goldenvalleyguy I agree, I grew up with both but mostly Roger Moore.

Sean Connery! ?????

@LibrePenseur where is the emoji on here for "melts into a pile of mush on the floor after seeing that"? Nice!

Found It.

Coldo Level 8 May 30, 2018

The only Bond movie I have seen is Goldfinger so I pick whichever one played in that one

Goldfinger is still the best bond film ever, you don't need to see the others 😀

@Bhope101 Saw it at Chanute AFB in 1975 part of a double feature with Soldier Blue starring Candice Bergen.

I will be a lone voice here. I can't bear James Bond films. Sorry.

Misogynistic man travels around world embroiled in over the top, unbelievable story lines, often infused with the subtle scent of racism and colonialism - shagging and discarding various women along the way (who's only purpose is to provide eye candy) to a predictable 'good guy beats bad guy' ending.

Cue titles of silhouettes of naked women writhing to the Bond theme.

[irishtimes.com]

Bond is a bit of an anachronism these days, it has to be said. I believe that Daniel Craig has had some issues about Bond, with the character's kill the bad guys, seduce the women, too bad if they die too, and generally sail on leaving wreckage behind him attitude. It's like the technical world for Bond has evolved over the past 50 years, but his social behaviour is still early 60s. We guys love Bond, but he's a relic now for sure.

Connery

Sean Connery.

Coldo Level 8 May 30, 2018

Roger Moore - For Your Eyes Only

Daniel Craig is far better, but Brosnan is a close 2nd.

Sean Connery hands down

lerlo Level 8 May 31, 2018

Yeah, I agree. Daniel Craig is the best so far. I know I'm in a minority but I liked Roger Moore a lot too.

Sean Connery.

Sean Connery and Daniel Craig.

Daniel Craig is pretty freakin good, but I always liked roger Moore and Sean Connery too.

Wow, excellent question. Huge Bond fan. It's easier for me to say which Bonds I didn't favor:
george lazenby
and maybe, timothy dalton.

I've had a long love affair with the Bond franchise (what dude hasn't?). My favorite classical Bond was Connery and my favorite film from his period is Diamonds Are Forever. I liked Roger Moore as well, and Man With The Golden Gun. I've enjoyed them all to some degree. My least favorite is Timothy Dalton. He's a good actor, and likable, but he's TOO nice to play Bond. Brosnan was good, but he was pretty Meh for me. I love him in other things. Daniel Craig is, IMHO, the best Bond ever. He's gritty and tough, yet still suave. I think he's the most believable, bad-ass Bond.

I dropped the franchise when I became a man. Bond or Batman? Neither.

Peirce Brosnan

Big Bond fan. It's my my all-time favorite franchise. I rank them:

Connery > Craig > Dalton > Moore > Brosnan > Lazenby

I respect all of them.

Meh. Sean.

It was a spoof

@LenHazell53 Really? I thought it was a documentary. Go figure!

Sean Connery of course but Daniel Craig makes a great Bond. I think he's too old to do it again though. Idris Elba... Maybe, or a female bond?

@Omen6Actual yeah, you're right, but it would be a fun spin off. Maybe that's just me fantasising about hot kick ass girls and falling into the looks are everything trap. Maybe a "plus" size homely ex marine with brains (bond was never big on brains), James' love child as a shock twist...

There's no need to pull a Ghostbusters because we have Atomic Blonde. Kick-ass film. Check it out if you haven't already. And Craig is doing one more and then he's done. Danny Boyle is the director and it's being released next November.

Craig hands down. I wish they would cast Idris Alba as the next JB. Then it would be really hard for me to choose 😀

Though I favour Dalton as the most faithful rendition, it is a toss up for me between Goldfinger and Live and Let Die for the greatest Bond film ever.

Timothy Dalton was the most faithful to the books, and then again if going by the character as written and appearance as described Daniel Craig would have been a perfect Felix Leiter, but was nothing like Bond.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94932
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.