Agnostic.com

8 3

I don't assume a person is a liberal because they're non-religious but there are several issues that seem to follow along those lines like gay rights. I thought it was so funny when Ann Coulter so well if you don't believe in God you can just do anything kill grandma! But we all know that we have morals we have things that matters to us. I don't push my beliefs on anybody else so I guess I would think a non-religious person for example wouldn't mind making a cake for a gay couple in other words they would lean liberal I guess these days we have to Define what were conservative about like Financial issues. How about education I wish more money was spent on education and we had a better system. Aren't most conservatives for prayer in school and teaching things besides evolution?

Charlietuna7 5 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Conservatives seem to define a person without religion as one without morals and ethics. Not true. In fact, quite the opposite. I often feel my morals and ethics arise above many "Christians" in the area I live. Not trying to sound like I'm self-righteous just speaking the truth as I'm seeing it here. Signed just an ole hippy in a redneck state.

I am non-religious and go with socially liberal, but financial conservative. I don't care what consenting adults do in their bedrooms. But think you should live within you means. Keep on a tight budget. And for the government, no deficit spending, and corporate welfare, and be kind to all of our citizens. We live on earth, and we should take care of it. No messing in our nest.

I'm now liberal than anything. My problem worth gay rights, is that it forgets that sometimes abused kids will develop attractiveness to same sex if they had a bad relationship with that parent. Assuming everyone is born like that, can be harmful. Some are, some aren't. It's ok with me either way. Just thought ide throw that in there.

Well, I've always understood being liberal as being flexible in belief, open to change, and then some. Whilst being conservative means no to change, keep things the way they are, stick with what works, and always play it safe.

SamL Level 7 Dec 21, 2017

Not all Liberals have the exact same belief systems-I'm sure the same holds true for Conservatives. We do have a few Conservatives here. NO JUDGEMENT FOLKS.

"Religion is like a penis. Is fine to have and be proud of it. Is when you wave at my face that I have a problem with" ????

My thoughts regarding morals are how superior people are who arrived with them pre-packed -- as opposed to those apparently needing them carved into stone, rammed down their throats, or enforced with threats of punishment and/or eternal damnation…

Religion is fraught with hypocrisy, as humans are too complex to conform. It’s a from of control, with uneven benefits. It’s just wrong, on too many accounts… We’re taught to doubt ourselves, our desires, our observations, our methods … because they may conflict with those currently ‘in control.’ Free-thinkers threaten the power structure of religions, thus we’re feared, even ‘demonized.’ It’s not us - it’s them.

Varn Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

It is mind boggling that these people think that we get our morals from an angry, petty, jealous, genocidal, misogynistic tyrant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9534
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.