Agnostic.com

8 0

BADASS?
What to you is truly 'badass'? Had someone say that to me while I was lifting a while back. Thought about it and I'm not sure I agree. Going to Charlottesville to confront Nazis or those 3 guys who stood up to the white supremacist on the train in Portland (2 of whom died), or going public with your beliefs/non-beliefs in any number of repressive countries is to me true bravery or being a 'badass'.

kmdskit3 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have done a few badass things ... a few .... at a former job I wrote a memo complaining about a co-worker who daily used loud racial slurs, made anti-woman comments, homophobic comments ... 3 months later I was out of a job. But I would do it again.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Good on you!

Being "badass" takes many different forms. Yes, it is definitely in the examples you gave. It is also badass to be a parent (female or male), work a full-time job, raise your kids to be good humans, keep the lights on and feed everyone, and not lose yourself while being all things to all people. Badass is also living with a disability, or debilitating condition, and getting up and getting on with the business of life every day.

Excellent response. Sometimes the common, daily stuff can be the hardest to stick with and yet still might have the greatest impact. Not always my forte but getting better.

Badass the guys on that train who helped those Muslim girls.

Definitely! Hope I would have that kind of personal courage.

Yes, the guys on the train who intervened when the hijab clad girls were assaulted. Very brave.

All good examples. For me being badass is standing up for what you believe even if it's unpopular or dangerous. I am proud to say I have been an example of this to my daughter and she is now very badass herself!

Yeah, I hope I can pass something like that on too.

The train incident was bad ass. But what would be bad ass to me, would be for you as a collective, both party line supporters, to stand up to our politicians and their owners and take over the Green Party. Then take our country back!

Last I saw this term was this morning on face-book, referring to the New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern holding her ground against trump.

I'll have to look this up.

Courage to stand alone against many. Never giving up. Succeeding when everyone else thought you were going to fail. On the other hand, Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger are good examples of BADASS dudes. Here's a good one. Vlad Tepes was being threatened with an invading force at least 10 times larger than his. When the envoy arrived to ask for his surrender, he took the envoy and all with him and impaled them on stakes in front of the castle. When the invading army approached and saw all the impaled bodies, which were many as he added others that were his enemies, they refused to attack and fled.

SamL Level 7 Dec 21, 2017

Maybe some less violent versions of badass too?

Yea, I have issues when movie stars and over exaggerated glorified warriors who murdered innocent people, 300 boys in 1 case alone, are considered hero's!

@William_Mary
It's not my concern that you have issues with my answer. I merely answered the question in my opinion. Feel free to post your answer.

Anne Frank, Nelson Mandela, Marcus Gravey are eternal " bad asses" in my book. Ghandi and Mother Teresa are right up there also.

I agree.

Thanks @AMGT Glad for the info/expose. Knew about her forced birther/anti-birth control stance but not the rest.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.