Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Conflicts of Interests?

Ivanka receives Chinese Trademarks, Trump saves ZTE and jobs in China; coincidence?

josephr 7 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think not! ?

Somebody asked if i thought it was a coincidence.
The short answer is no.
The longer answer is that when i first read the story, I researched whether the two assertions about Ivanka’s Chinese Trademarks and whether Donald Trump’s bail out of China's ZTE were factual.
They were. . So do I see a conflict of interest?

Definition- Federal Canadian guidelines: “... a conflict of interest as “a situation in which a person, such as a public official, an employee, or a professional, has a private or personal interest sufficient to appear to influence the objective exercise of his or her official duties. ” There are three key elements in this definition. First, there is a private or personal interest. Often this is a financial interest, but it could also be another sort of interest, say, to provide a special advantage to a spouse or child. Taken by themselves, there is nothing wrong with pursuing private or personal interests, for instance, changing jobs for more pay or helping your daughter improve her golf stroke.”

Conflicts of interest traditionally and legally have also been defined to include “public perceptions” that such a conflict exists.
Ivanka Trump is a defacto member of Donald Trump’s administration: [denverpost.com]

So no, i don’t believe that this deal was coincidental.

Ya think? me too. ...and there is so much more. i hope Donnie looks good in orange. i can’t wait to see him in the jumpsuit behind bars.

I'm an outsider, and agree totally.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.