Agnostic.com

7 0

DO YOU PAY FOR THE FIRST DATE?

Ok So I Need Help!

I have a date coming up soon With a guy who ask me out about a week ago. Being the generous person that i am, i have no issue Treating on the first Date. Keep in mind that i am gay and this is a same sex couple date.

I have always believed Men should pay on the first date when its a man and woman couple date.

I am not sure what i should do since its same sex Date and we both are men.

What do you think?

twshield 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would be offended if you asked me to pay for my own meal. If you are taking me out for coffee I'm expecting you to pay for it. My dad taught my brother that is part of being a man, that would be disrespectful to ask a lady to pay.

I don't think it has anything to do with sexual orientation. I feel on a first date splitting the check is apropos.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 7, 2018

My daughter is gay, her idea is the one who has the most $ at the time pays, or they split it. My idea would be th one who instigated the date would pay.

That's awesome. I'm happy for you. I have no idea though. I just got divorced after 30 years. Good question.

@twshield, I thought about it and In think you should let him pay. He asked you out. If you feel uncomfortable about it go dutch.

I like to share the cost of a first date... someone buys me a drink I will buy one in return. Many women earn as much as guys so don't think it fair in the early stages if dating that either one of a couple should be expected to carry the full expense? Others might think differently but it puts a lot of pressure on especially younger men who may not be earning much?

I usually plan on paying when I go out. But two guys might get to be a dominance thing. If you like your date to be the more dominate one then maybe let him pay and then you pay the tip, then it is not a total cheap thing to do.

I think that the person who asked for the date should pay. after that, if there is another one, you either take turns or split the tab. If a guy asked me out for dinner or lunch (as a date) and I paid, that would be the very last date. I like classy people. I am not a cheapskate and have no wish to date a cheapskate. He must be a good tipper as well, I am a good tipper.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.