Agnostic.com

7 0

Love is not an emotion. Love is a state of being. It's a conscious choice.

Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

Duke 8 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It could be both. At times, we have that “feeling” but most of the time, a choice, as emotions are not reliable.

Maybe I should stick to the music and comedy and leave the deep discussions to those more qualified? LOL

Thanks for indulging me though!

Duke Level 8 Dec 22, 2017

Disagree. Conscious choise driven by lust is not "conscious" at all

Hmmm... I don't see love as always driven by lust. But, I respect that statement as being your perspective.

it's a feeling, not a choice

@Duke --- This is a reply to your reply. I'm putting it up here because none of my buttons work. --- I had a good teacher in David Seabury who wrote The Art Of Selfishness.

Love your neighbor as you love yourself. How do you love yourself? By forgiving yourself. How do you forgive yourself? By realizing that the only thing you have ever done, is the best that could have been done, with what you had to work with at the time.

I like the way you think, sir!

Love arises from depths within us over which we have no control. Love starts with self love. If you don't love yourself, you cannot truly love another.

I agree 100% with that observation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.