Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK California adds 8th state to travel ban list: Oklahoma - San Francisco Chronicle

A California law passed last year prohibits state-sponsored travel to states with laws that allow discrimination based on sexual or gender orientation. Seven other states are already on the ban list: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Dakota and Texas.

“Our taxpayer dollars do not fund bigotry,” Becerra said. “No exceptions.”

zblaze 7 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

California now world's 5th largest economy, surpassing UK.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – California's economy has surpassed that of the United Kingdom to become the world's fifth largest, according to new federal data made public Friday.May 5, 2018

So if you don't want to do business with them, don't.

cava Level 7 June 3, 2018

LOL....the problems CA has...we don't need here in the "mid-south by south Texoma West". 🙂
I like paying cheap diesel prices for my big 'ol pickup...
low land cost
cheap houses
great growing season for gardening...
and super low taxes and cost of living
There are good and bad in every state.....it just depends on where you look and the company you keep...
For the record...OKC has a HUGE Pride Parade and a very active LGBT community. Like I said....you can find problems anywhere you look....but you can also find good.

Three of my favorite states are on that list....and I'm ok with that!

Ever visited California?

@moNOtheist used to live there. Still do consulting jobs there. Have even vacationed there. Once drove the whole PCH from San Diego to Port Angeles, WA. Your point?

@SkotlandSkye I simply wanted to know upon what you based your comment...

@SkotlandSkye I'm envious. Always wanted to take US 1 along the coast. Never been to California but all other western states except Nevada. The Monterey peninsula is a dream spot for me.

@Tommy19 It was an amazing trip...I did it with a friend who was dying from brain cancer. It was her final bucket list item.

@SkotlandSkye what a selfless thing to do. The cosmos knows what you did..(see Einstein's Unified field theory)

@Tommy19 It was epic...and I was humbled by the experience. She died less than 3 weeks after we finished the trip.

This is the way to handle it! To say nothing gives tacit approval to their (archaic) way of thinking. Well done California!

First reaction is: great! Second one is worrying that this will add to the splintering of our country.

I don't know what effect it will have, but the principle is good.

Good strategy. I admire your principles, CA!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97272
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.