Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Confidence Comes After You Start—Not Before

Interesting article. It helps me to understand why I often feel "stuck" - I get into a mindset that I have to do something right and have confidence from the beginning, or I've failed. but maybe I don't have to.

bleurowz 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Research has long shown that people tend to act their way into believing, instead of believing their way into acting. When people are asked to try something new, they are often hesitant -- even resistant. But, when people are persuaded to try something and it works for them, they quickly change their attitudes to support the new practice. .

That's been my experience so far with anything new. And even trying something new is new for me. Always felt I had to have the confidence first.

If a man made it, a woman can fix it!

There's also fake it 'til you make it.

Kind of similar.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.