Agnostic.com

3 1

QUESTION Your Tax Dollars at Work Supporting Religion - TheHumanist.com

The fact that government dollars—state and local—support religious schools raises serious issues pertaining to the Establishment Clause of the US Constitution. In addition, these schools are sometimes unaccredited and therefore unregulated, which means they aren’t required to follow the same rules as public schools with regard to safety or curriculum. As a result, science classes may teach creationism and geology may cover just 6,000 years.

Further, religious schools don’t face the same rules guarding against discrimination. Some religious schools, for instance, openly discriminate against LGBTQ people, teaching that gay or gender-nonconforming students are sinners and refusing to hire LGBTQ teachers.

zblaze 7 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard that the new tax bill was supposed to also get rid of the Johnson act, which prevented tax-exempt religious groups from donating to political races. I'm still not sure if that was included in the final cut, but that sort-of ties in on the flip-side of what you're talking about.

Making America a mess again.

Thisis wrong-so wrong. Betsy Devos is so unqualified to be Secretary of Education and needs to go-how do you impeach a Secretary?

With a new POTUS a new cabinet will be formed, and hopefully the secretaries will be changed.
Something has got to be done, or I'm afraid for the intelligence of the children in this nation.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9827
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.