Agnostic.com

30 2

Why do people here hate Christmas?

I never hated Christmas at all. This to me has always been a magical time for me. Whether I was working or traveling, or just staying home.

sirbikesalot06 5 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

there is no such thing as magic. I'm not religious, I hate the decorations coming down so hate them going up. I hate the greed and the people are all drawn like a swarm complying to this event and just getting in huge debt no matter what. I don't like all the trees cut down just to be thrown away. I don't really like most of the food and I hate the fact that everyone is fake happy and giving once a year. the years are like groundhog years with the same old crap. I don't drink or smoke and I like to be more real and spontaneous.

I don't hate Christmas. I love this time of year. I literally have a hall pass to shame Christians for practicing pagan beliefs.

The real question is why do YOU hate inclusiveness

I don't hate Christmas, I just don't relate to it. I see people taking time off work to spend with family, buying presents for people, the companionship and familiarity that comes from a community ritual as something that I've always been excluded from. My family violently disowned me and I've always been too destitute to participate in the greatest of Capitalist holidays. And all of that is before all of the religious bullshit and plastic smiles that people like to dress it up with.

I didn't like Christmas even when I was a christian...It's a cold and hectic time of year and tinsel looks cheap...has nothing to do with my belief.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9884
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.