Agnostic.com

19 1

Is Big Bud a concern?

Does the trend toward big corporate marijuana cause you any concerns?

• 27 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 11 votes
Justjoni 8 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My only concern is driving when high. Personally I don't like driving high but some people can. We just gotta keep the people who can't off the roads lol

Big business wants it all it seems and it cannot do it as well as an artisan can. There is room for both as far as I'm concerned.

As long as the packaging doesn't become impossible to open.

godef Level 7 June 5, 2018

hahaha!

@LuckyCharms I like your user name. If Lucky Charms were not so unhealthy, I would have them every Saturday morning. 🙂

@BlueWave I like that! ?????

Hell Naw! Let everybody who want to take their medicine. A more peaceful world. Especially if I can become owner of a dispensary ?

Hell Naw! Let everybody who want to take their medicine. A more peaceful world. Especially if I can become owner of a dispensary ?

It's a double standard. We are not allowed to grow it at home for personal use, yet corporations can sell it to us. FFS!

They are the best

Would rather it was corporate than criminal- But wait a minute- is there really a difference?!

None what so ever!

I do not want to see capitalism monopolize medical marijuana and make it inaccessible to those who need it any more than I want to see it criminalized.

I agree.

With weed being so easy to grow at home (albeit not the most potent) I do not see the big business (or the government) ever seizing control. Just grow your own if you are not happy with corporate prices.

@dahermit Not everyone has space inside or out to grow their own, never mind having the expertise to do it well.

@Justjoni my quadraplegic uncle in Missouri had a pot farm that was something to behold, but it's gone and so is he and I can't even grow weeds lol I wish I had his skills

@Justjoni Enough people do have space both inside and out and the expertise to grow marijuana that corporations could never get control...just as my grandfather demonstrated with his kitchen still during prohibition (not kidding). If there is a profit, there will be product.

@dahermit Some state regulations require such significant outlay of investment that many small growers are excluded from legitimate growing. Yes a black market may always exist, but that isn’t the same as artisanal growers having legitimate opportunities.

@dahermit When alcohol became legal once again, how many kitchen stills made any money?

@Justjoni Few if any. However, growing a pot plant in a pot in the living room is NOT rocket science...ask me how I know. Potting soil, seeds, water, sunlight, time = bud.

@dahermit I don't think you understand I can't even grow a dandelion

@LadyAlyxandrea Heh, heh, heh. I didn't think dandelions were legal.

Nope. It could get legitimate studies going, finally.

As the gentleman below indicated, here in California we can grow our own. Or if you know anyone who foes, the corporate stigma isn't a concern. Anyway, I can take it or leave it; I usually have some around but don't indulge that often.

In California you can grow your own... as long as that’s the case, I’m OK...

Not everyone has space inside or or to grow pot. Nor the expertise

Of course it does. Corporate intrusion only makes matters worse in just
about everything.

True on this one!

@Commonsense Once corporate lobbyists put more money into the pockets of politicians than Big Pharma, the federal laws will be changed. Then, the corporations will start working their "magic".

I am a medical user. It's all ready hard to find good strains that help with my pain but do not get me high and most already made stuff is priced out of my price range.

Not concerned since I don't smoke or use marijuana

I outgrew marijuana back in the 70s

@Ride_Captain
Thanks Captain. It was necessary. Painful, but necessary.

@McVinegar
I had to give up a few vices in order to get cleared for Top Secret back in "The Day". I was always mildly amused that whiskey was ok, but pot was not.

Not yet.

There will be a big pharma cbd product coming at towards the end of this year. It has already started.

I’m concerned about the prevalence of the harmlessness myth. Any substance can cause harm, but the profit motive inherent in corporate culture combined with the overhead investment needed to enter a highly regulated market means lobbyists will control the conversation and the policy. I don’t trust lobbyists nor politicians. Neither do I condone the huge carbon footprint of large commercial indoor grows. I don’t have good answers, but witnessing conscientious outdoor growers getting squeezed out locally in Nor Cal and it makes me sad and concerned.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99304
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.