Agnostic.com
2 1

So one night my brother finds a carpet python inside, the other night I nearly trod on one coming in the door, tonight there was one in the chicken coop.
Not sure if it is the same one but is about the same size.
First we have seen here in the 7 years we have been here.

Got some photos of him this morning as he was back under the roofing again. Please note my head almost touches the wire. Sorry for the cobwebs I am slack when it comes to getting rid of them in the chicken coop.

Budgie 8 July 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was writing to a woman in Australia who talked about having a neighborhood python that was about eight feet long. Apparently it kept the varmints at bay. Apparently this was a good thing.

At a house in the suburbs I had a massive (could well have been about 6ft and as thick as an arm) carpet python and as I did not have chickens it lived happily in the roof space and ate all of the rats in the area. (neighbours fed their dogs by putting out large amounts of dry food) and probably a few possums.

I just don't need this one getting attached to my chicken coop area and getting really big and trying to eat them.

We do have snake catchers who will remove snakes so I might talk to them about it.

I live in Florida....I've seen a few.

nicknotes Level 8 July 24, 2021

This one is quite attached to the house and the chicken coop it seems. It is back again this morning. I plan on going back out with the camera to take some photos of it. I would not mind but it is right above my head as I clean and feed the hens.
It is currently not big enough to hurt them but will grow.

I have seen one dead golden tree snake after one of our cyclones (it was hanging in the tree so sad as it was a big one and the colours were lovely) and two venomous ones in the yard (small black whip snakes) but the carpet pythons can grow large enough to try to eat a chicken and I would rather this one find somewhere else to live.

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 1,930 More

Posted by dalefvictorThis is a picture of Tigger, he has been sick for a while.

Posted by BudgieSo one night my brother finds a carpet python inside, the other night I nearly trod on one coming in the door, tonight there was one in the chicken coop.

Posted by BudgieSo one night my brother finds a carpet python inside, the other night I nearly trod on one coming in the door, tonight there was one in the chicken coop.

Posted by ZsterMy first Monarch since moving here! I started a butterfly garden two years ago, specifically targeting monarchs and swallowtails.

Posted by InsectraThis is my girl Space Ghost (I thought she was a male when I named her).

Posted by InsectraThis is my girl Space Ghost (I thought she was a male when I named her).

Posted by InsectraA cute grey treefrog (Hyla versicolor) that I found in my birch tree, this afternoon. His camouflage was great and I only discovered him when I heard him calling.

Posted by InsectraA cute grey treefrog (Hyla versicolor) that I found in my birch tree, this afternoon. His camouflage was great and I only discovered him when I heard him calling.

Posted by InsectraSpring amphibian migration in Pennsylvania is well under way! Most of these are Jefferson's salamanders, one of our earliest moving amphibians and a species of special concern in Pennsylvania.

Posted by InsectraSpring amphibian migration in Pennsylvania is well under way! Most of these are Jefferson's salamanders, one of our earliest moving amphibians and a species of special concern in Pennsylvania.

• Top tags#species #religion #god #video #hope #animals #friends #religious #cats #parents #world #kids #reason #church #hell #flowers #Atheist #dogs #community #atheism #earth #belief #money #sex #book #movies #florida #Jesus #evidence #Song #rain #babies #death #mother #beliefs #DonaldTrump #heaven #relationship #wife #coffee #humans #fear #children #fish #agnostic #Christian #Bible #ghosts #widow #pray ...

Members 366Top