Agnostic.com
2 13

If you have cats in your house, do not buy lilies. The entire lily plant — leaf, flower, and pollen — is poisonous to them. Even if they just lick a few pollen grains off their coats or eat a couple of leaves, cats can suffer acute kidney failure within a very short period of time.

TheoryNumber3 8 Mar 30
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

2

I have a few plants, and mostly they're all out of the reach of the kitties. The few I have at their level are usually behind a closed door, until I'm working in that room. It is distracting to be working on a project and realize the kitties have been chewing on spider plant leaves. Sometimes I kick them out.

Baby Chewy in Brookyn 1976

@OldGoat43 Daughter #2 has a kitten that looks just like that one, Luna Mae is her name. Luna is one loony little girl. She jumped into the spider plant that was hanging a good 5 feet off the floor. Luckily I had a glut of spider babies and was able to pot some up and replace the plant. My girls take after me, we will always have kitties.

3

And poinsettias and Xmas trees!