Agnostic.com
2 8

OK, heard a cat crying outside a few hours before sunrise. Our feral family is usually silent, so went outside to see. The gang was clearly upset, the crying was coming from the road. And there was this tiny damp kitten crying in the road in the rain. I meowed back and he ran right to me. Got him inside, dried off, and warmed up. He figured out wet food right away, and when he's not eating he's a furry cuddle puddle in my housemate's reversed hoodie hood. Got him to a vet the next day, got him some antibiotics, and he's looking good. And he's a she, we've named her Holstein for the time being. She'll be living inside until four months at least and gotten all her shots etc. The second pic is Tomithy, a stray tom that comes by regularly for treats. He's totally into people, so we suspect he was a dump. We're pretty sure he's the dad, same coloration, same coarse fur ... same smug "I'm cute and I know it." look. She lived because she knew how to cry for help, we'll do her best to give her a good life.

Druvius 8 Oct 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

PLEASE have those two cats spay/nutered! Feral cats do so much damage to native songbirds, lizards, etc!

pamagain Level 8 Oct 18, 2023

Yes, a mass TNRing is slowly underway. I've already buried too many kittens. 😟

@Druvius Thank you!

@pamagain And our ferals mostly just lay around now waiting for handouts, no threat to wildlife unless they lie down on it. 🙂

I find it amazing how many stories I hear about how cats find the people rather thn the peaople going out to acquire a cat as a pet.

My favorite story was when a gay couple I know bought a bend new house, and when they move in, they found a cat had already claimed the house as the place where he chose to live, and rather than the cat becoming a part of the household, my friends became a part of the cat's household.

Still, it is wonderful to hear the kitten found his person.

snytiger6 Level 9 Oct 18, 2023

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 9,056 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI wish it were true…

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaExactly......

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Oh no, land shark!!!

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #youtube #atheism #children #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,546Top