Agnostic.com
6 5

I never would have guessed so many gentlemen didn' t want kids . I have been "vested" with all kinds of insults -from bitch to criminal- for no wanting kids.....and these insults came mostly from men.
I was about 12 y/o when I said for the first time kids were not for me. My mother almost passed out 🙂
As several gents here, I was over 30 when I found a person who agree with me.

duchessa1 7 Dec 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Re “I never would have guessed....”

Decades ago, on a coffee date with a therapist, I said I had grown up in a sometimes violent home and had decided to have no kids cuz I might do what my father had done. Her saying many men had told her that surprised me.

yvilletom Level 8 Dec 25, 2021

I guess I grew up in another decade / society; no one ever said to me he/she didn't want kids much less they were part of a difunctional family.

In college I met a woman who, like me, didn’t want children. Lucky me. We married and had none.

yvilletom Level 8 Dec 24, 2021

I lost friends, male as well as female, for not caring for kids.
I am a teacher and college professor and people can't understand "how I could be in this profession" and not caring for kids. People think education (home) and instruction (school) are synonyms.

@duchessa1 I too have taught. Are those people who think education = Instruction slaves to their hormones?

@yvilletom I never heard that one........but it wouldn't surprise me.

@duchessa1 LOL WARNING
Because boys don’t get pregnant, we are not penalized for being slaves to our Big T. LOFL. I blame Ma and Pa Nature; they give us too much.

@yvilletom Luckily, I retired recently......so no worries. LOL

@duchessa1 Amazing. CA to NY and back in seconds!

I'm over 60, and here in farmer country, it's very rare that I find any women without kids, and almost as rare, that I find any women in my local dating pool my age on Match that will even accept a man without kids for dating. I have been told that one factor is that women who grew up here just see a childless man as too "oddball" or non-conformist for them, that it raises red flags for them that he may be defective or dysfunctional, in their eyes at least, in other ways besides being childless. I even had a woman today on Match tell me, in rejecting me, that she said I "raised huge red flags" for her by being childless and that I was therefore "not interested in anyone but" myself.... I told her that for one thing she didn't even know me, as we only connected today, and that I was very close with and interested in my longtime local friends, even if I am not involved with my family of origin. I did not appreciate her hostility and insulting language she used with me in messaging and I reported her to Match for insulting and inappropriate language and hostility. We'll see if they do anything to me or report to me. I just think it was an arugument over opposing views that quickly escalated on her part into an attack of criticism on me for being different than the mainstream. In other words, the good old, " for me to feel right about myself, I have to prove you are bad and wrong, etc.".....

Well, I have been "" vested"" very similar compliments. LOL
See, I think it all depends in the origin of these people, their indoctrination and, above all, their level of education.

Yes, I has been called selfless..........and this is correct because the first person I must please is myself.

At least you live in NY, where way more women think like us than do in the Midwest. Here the farmer's daughter mindset is so prevalent that it's hard to find a woman at any age that wants a man who is childfree or not into kids. I got used to it when I was dating as a young man, but am astounded how much it still matters to women even when they are in their sixties and long past having kids or even living with them in almost all cases. Never thought I would still be paying for my decision in the dating game at this age and be mostly undateable, at least in my local dating pool, because of it.

As I said, my Atheism makes the religious part irrelevant.....but, also, I was born in a country where numerous families are rare and women started to work way before in USA. I guess that's makes a difference.

BTW, why didn't you move?

@duchessa1 I don't move because my local friends are my whole support system and I really need them emotionally. Moving somewhere just to have a better dating pool is easier said than done, if you would be leaving behind your whole support system and gambling upon being able to make a bunch of new friends soon after you move.. I am not willing to take that kind of risk with my emotional and mental health.

@TomMcGiverin Well, I move to another country, I made new friends / studied a new profession.
No, I didn't move "because the kids issue".

@duchessa1 Well, good for you and glad it worked. But I know my limits and it wouldn't work for me.

I never ever wanted kids. They are expensive, they will wreck your car, and probably marry someone you don't like.

Sticks48 Level 9 Dec 4, 2021

My reasons for "no kids" are a little more intense: I don't like kids and they annoy me.

@duchessa1 There is that too. 😁

Is the first sentence supposed to read wanted kids instead of didn't want kids?
Either way, kids are the pits. You made the right choice.

As you said "Either way".

@duchessa1 It's just confusing because you said the men insulted you for not wanting kids.

@JeffMurray Should I have said "Many friends, colleagues, acquaintances, employers... couldn't accept my way of thinking because they see women primarily as mothers?

@duchessa1 That's both true and shitty. I'm sorry you and any other childless woman has to deal with such nonsense, especially when you've done a great service to the environment.

@JeffMurray To me the environment (remember I was a kid myself) didn't cross my mind. I, simply, didn't want the annoyance of kids around.

@duchessa1 Well, that's certainly the best reason. And you make a really valid point. If kids were good for the environment, I still wouldn't want them.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 26

Photos 198 More

Posted by MacStrikerWhen being selfish is better than being selfless...

Posted by MacStriker"Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart."

Posted by MacStrikerWhen people with kids say "they are an investment!" (as if it's a positive thing), this is what comes to mind...

Posted by MacStrikerA book club that only allows ONE book, seems kinda narrow...

Posted by MacStrikerKids = Party Poopers (literally)

Posted by MacStrikerNone is better than one!

Posted by MacStrikerThose Ungrateful Crotch-Goblins!

Posted by MacStrikerI'm not saying it's right, but i understand the sentiments of the reply...

Posted by MacStriker"... it's a peaceful life..."

Posted by JGalA little late but still applies every day.

Posted by MacStrikerAll the crotch goblins giving a breather to their breeders for most of the day. SerenityNow!

Posted by UrsiMajorWell, I guess this beats a pregnancy positive.

Posted by KojaksmomIt might work!

Posted by UrsiMajorYou're welcome

Posted by MacStrikerThe struggle is real

Posted by Tejas0123456789

• Top tags#kids #children #parents #friends #world #hope #sex #video #mother #babies #cats #religious #religion #hell #god #birth #death #atheism #dogs #society #memes #truth #reason #church #hello #community #bullshit #movies #Christian #Bible #comic #humans #existence #relationship #book #pregnancy #evidence #smoke #midwest #wife #government #addiction #population #money #empathy #Atheist #agnostic #animals #fox #cancer ...

Members 255Top