Agnostic.com
7 2

So, atomic bombs were dropped in the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6 and 9, 1945, respectively, killing 129,000 to 226,000 people, mostly civilians.

Never mind for now if it was justifiable to drop atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm seeking opinions on if it is necessary for a country to have nuclear weapons.

"We must have nuclear weapons, not to use them but as a deterrent." is a popular argument.

Are you in favour of or against having nuclear weapons?

Jetty 7 Aug 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nuclear weapons were the worst thing invented. It was used for power play. The only reason why they have it is to show Whose country is more powerful. It is ridiculous war is pointless. We have idiots in governing world. Innocent souls get killed. Or hurt over people trying to take control over this world. Each person in there mind believes they are going to make it a better place to live. Heaven on earth. Depending on the person they just may bring peace even without materialized weapons that will harm people. Then there are the leaders that bring. Toxic nuclear weapons and other sort of bombs into the mix/hate creating darkness all around. Only for there selfish needs but they are able to convince everyone through everyone own fear and hate that what they did was justified and right. Power play with both parties. One day there will be nothing left if everyone keeps thinking that weapons are the best options. The world is only going to get crazier. Great example is this stinking COVID. Power play. So many innocent lives.

yaya87 Level 5 Sep 13, 2020

Of course not. But that's like asking if you favor or oppose pollution or atomic energy. Nuke weapons, Fossil fuel pollution, nuclear energy are inevitable and a sign of our impending doom. Many of us know it's bad...but stopping it's progress seems futile.

Robecology Level 9 Aug 10, 2020

IMO, they should be banned, but I have no confidence in humanity to abide by a ban. Look who we have as president. The unthinkable has already happened.

In the hope they will never be used.

freedom41 Level 9 Aug 9, 2020

Few if any

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 9, 2020

Against....I believe it’s a spurious argument. I believe it’s the same argument gun lobbyists use to justify owning and carryIng guns. The obscene amount of money which countries spend on nuclear armaments should instead be spent on improving the health and living conditions of their citizens. We should all be lobbying our governments for multilateral disarmament, and for peace amongst nations, not competing in a “chicken” competition to see who can be pushed furthest before they blink! Collectively we are killing this planet and all who live on it, only the USA has actually detonated , and has done so twice, this ultimate weapon of mass annihilation, but it’s only a matter of time before another one is unleashed ...by whom is anyone’s guess, and this time there will be retaliation and then it will be curtains for the human race...masters of our own destruction!

My thoughts exactly. You stated it eloquently.

Having them is scary, but fear not having them.

EdEarl Level 8 Aug 9, 2020

Living in fear is not healthy.

@SiouxcitySue I rarely think about nukes, so not living in fear.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 21

Photos 191 More

Posted by johnnyrobishWell, somebody had to do it!

Posted by WalterGreensTo every one out there!

Posted by LenHazell53Well would you look at that, and who posted it

Posted by Mike-IMAOpinions base on facts and evidence can change the world.

Posted by ChrisAineWhere is everybody? Don't tell me y'all caught up with Xmas festivities. Anyway Merry Christmas free thinkers. May you get a kiss under the mistletoe..😊

Posted by ScribblerWhy is everyone leaving?

Posted by AryabratIsn't this the most logical and simplistic way to dismiss a fictitious superpower/hero? Or is there anymore way?

Posted by AvaBunWhat are your thoughts?

Posted by terenaskawsHow passionate are you in creating?

Posted by SpinlieselToday, in 1872, the last Indian war east of the Mississippi ended with the capture of Black Hawk.

Posted by SlarsAnother throw back from my orange years.. mad to think they essentially just paid us to play with big toys all day fun job...

Posted by AnabuceriasPhoto is worth 1000 words.

Posted by bobwjrThat's this group

Posted by TourirstMIA: Missing in Administration. I have posted this, twice and of course, it slides under the radar, understandably as Admin has left the building for good?

Posted by LorajayThis is a wonderful way to live as long as you take care of the necessities of providing for food and shelter first.

Posted by phxbillceeCongratulations, @Marionville on reaching Level 10!!!

• Top tags#god #hello #religion #world #video #religious #reason #atheism #hope #friends #truth #money #Atheist #humans #children #DonaldTrump #belief #Bible #laws #death #society #earth #church #faith #animals #agnostic #book #hell #fear #existence #government #Christian #philosophy #kids #freedom #evidence #beliefs #youtube #movies #freethinker #created #soul #religions #spirit #evil #sex #pray #Jesus #believer #Present ...

Members 2,645Top