Agnostic.com
6 3

Do you think human society in its present form would survive if each and everyone was a free thinker? Free thinkers become leaders in most cases. And leaders need followers. That's how religions grew and spread because most humans like to leave the tough business of free thinking to others.

Mimee 6 Dec 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I understand and agree with your sentiment, that either you are a free thinker or a sheep. And also that free thinkers have a tougher life ahead of them.

But I think the flaw in your statment can be that

1. Humans are diverse and there can never be a situation like this in the first place.
  2. If there can be enough free thinkers to tip the scale in our favor then we can simply eradicate all nonsense and hibby jibby and set the new norms of this new world.
BikramK Level 4 Jan 8, 2021

Free thinker would think freely about himself as this world is a chaos . Njoying the journey is better than thinking about destination.

omkaraum Level 5 Dec 15, 2020

I don't know, it all seems a bit presumptuous, I don't really think of "free thinkers" as a substitution for "enlightened" for example. It's not about having the one true outlook, it's about knowing the truth, about self, society, the physical universe, the nature of things as best we can tell. It takes time, and the less time invested the more preposterous the assumptions. I've learned so much it's making me stupid because the more you learn the more you find there is to learn, it's quite humbling.

Not every freethinker is a leader...that depends very much on personality and character. People of all any personality type can exercise free thought and use their own judgment on what to believe based reason and logic.

No, as we are now a lot are poorly educated or inform about the world and how society truly runs. We been listening and processing information provide by people who are manipulating us to better themselves more. So unless it’s people who actually do their own research and truly think independently. I believe it would be chaotic and destructive society.

Christoph Level 3 Dec 13, 2020

We will survive freethinkers can both lead and follow

bobwjr Level 9 Dec 13, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 26

Photos 164 More

Posted by AgnobesWhich religion do you think will.be the last one on earth, and why?

Posted by HLMenckenFan“Religion is a conceited effort to deny the most obvious realities.” - H. L. Mencken

Posted by reecedean252What da hell

Posted by Philip21We should recognize ... he's a good boy after all ...[agnostic.com]

Posted by redbaiSounds good to me.

Posted by KWAPELL7‎Sunday, ‎February ‎7, ‎2021 for those seeking to - Awaken quickly - Listen to this Video - Every Day for 30 days - Speak its affirmations - Every Day for 60 days - Act upon what U Know...

Posted by KWAPELL7‎Sunday, ‎February ‎7, ‎2021 for those seeking to - Awaken quickly - Listen to this Video - Every Day for 30 days - Speak its affirmations - Every Day for 60 days - Act upon what U Know...

Posted by bobwjrNot a bad idea

Posted by KWAPELL7‎Sunday, ‎January ‎31, ‎2021 we as humans have been - given - endowed with &/or evolved with - certain & specific - {physical mental & Spiritual} - abilities and acuity - some of such ...

Posted by KWAPELL7‎Sunday, ‎January ‎31, ‎2021 we as humans have been - given - endowed with &/or evolved with - certain & specific - {physical mental & Spiritual} - abilities and acuity - some of such ...

• Top tags#hello #god #religion #video #world #religious #friends #reason #atheism #hope #Atheist #truth #money #Bible #children #belief #animals #book #faith #earth #freedom #Christian #death #agnostic #society #church #humans #laws #kids #fear #hell #soul #religions #government #spirit #evidence #philosophy #movies #DonaldTrump #existence #pray #dogs #created #beliefs #Jesus #sex #believer #freethinker #youtube #Present ...

Members 1,395Top