Agnostic.com
5 20

It's been a year and two months but today I started hand-pollinating my vanilla orchid again. Missed the first 5 flowers, got one today, hopefully there will be 12 or more after that. I got 19 beans from last year's. Pictures from last year.

Allamanda 8 June 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very cool 😎😎

bobwjr Level 10 June 16, 2020

Interesting, the vanilla bean looks lie a green bean. I wonder how expensive vanilla is there. It is very expensive here.

JackPedigo Level 9 June 16, 2020

@Allamanda More, I guess this is the typical save the best for export to wealthy countries like the US. Just to help your island I buy artificial.

A vanilla bean comes from the orchid flower??

freeofgod Level 8 June 16, 2020

@Allamanda Surprising. I don't know where I thought they came from but would have never guessed orchid.

So that is what they mean on an ice cream container when they call something Vanilla Bean. Enjoy it while you can. I don't think there is anywhere in the continental US where one can grow this. Is there?

MarkWD Level 7 June 16, 2020

WOW, that seems labor intensive.

@Allamanda What do have to do to them and what is the final product .

@Allamanda That's very time consuming. But worth it I'm sure.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 39

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top