We have the strangest weather pattern here this year. I live in that red area. We have been in severe/extreme drought all year, with lots of rain north, lots of rain south. We just have an odd band of dry. Normally we have lots of rain and even occasional flooding in nearby areas. Normally the nearby river is high. Should I be worried about my well?
And yes, I know, this is nothing like what is happening out west. It is just worth mentioning because it is so weird.
Long-term predictions based on past patterns are becoming useless. Short-term (2-day) predictions still tell us when to horde bread and toilet paper.
I have property in the same area but just west of the red area. I have pokeweed growing that just appeared this year & I have been here since 1986. Climate change is visible in rural areas. I don't water anything. Adapt or perish. The prairie is doing great. Well adapted to drought.
In recent years I had planted trees and shrubs. They still need babying. I have lost plenty of vegetation this year though.