Agnostic.com
4 7

We have the strangest weather pattern here this year. I live in that red area. We have been in severe/extreme drought all year, with lots of rain north, lots of rain south. We just have an odd band of dry. Normally we have lots of rain and even occasional flooding in nearby areas. Normally the nearby river is high. Should I be worried about my well?

And yes, I know, this is nothing like what is happening out west. It is just worth mentioning because it is so weird.

[droughtmonitor.unl.edu]

itsmedammit 8 Sep 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Long-term predictions based on past patterns are becoming useless. Short-term (2-day) predictions still tell us when to horde bread and toilet paper.

BitFlipper Level 8 Sep 30, 2021

Weirdness is in the weather everywhere!

I have property in the same area but just west of the red area. I have pokeweed growing that just appeared this year & I have been here since 1986. Climate change is visible in rural areas. I don't water anything. Adapt or perish. The prairie is doing great. Well adapted to drought.

Mooolah Level 8 Sep 27, 2021

In recent years I had planted trees and shrubs. They still need babying. I have lost plenty of vegetation this year though.

I think it would depend on the source of the well water. If it is in an aquifer, the river would be irrelevant.

KateOahu Level 8 Sep 27, 2021

The river is irrelevant. I mentioned it only to compare to other years. This is the Great Lakes Region. We don't understand dry conditions here. lol

I don't know the source of my well water, but I did hear that aquifers take years to replenish low water levels.

In the meantime I am doing a lot of spot watering.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top