Agnostic.com
5 14

Space... .

scurry 9 June 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not practical

bobwjr Level 10 June 20, 2020

Kirk is wrong.
He's using classical Newtonian mechanics.
Newtonian mechanics break down in particle accelerators where particles approach the speed of light.
The star ship enterprise travels many times the speed of light, so the mechanics to describe how matter reacts at those speeds does not even exist.
Plus "Space" is not 100% free of matter.
Any object that travels multiple times the speed of light that interacts with any matter at all would experience significant drag.

BD66 Level 8 June 20, 2020

The problem with that is that nothing travels faster than light

@Moravian You have to "suspend disbelief" on that one.

@BD66 perhaps that is too fast for him?

@Moravian nothing that we know of! I've seen 2 UFOs, so therefore I believe it is possible to travel at the speed of light or multiples of the speed of light, otherwise the crafts I saw would not have been able to get here in the first place!

@Stilltrying1964, @FrayedBear I was a great fan of Star Trek and I remember taking my kids to see an exhibition about the show in Edinburgh. The mock up of the inside of the star ship appeared to be made of cardboard and shook when you walked past it.
I have to smile though when someone who may even have an "o" level in physics knows better than the greatest minds in the unyverse as Prof Brian Cox would say.

That might be true πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You can't use logic, it's TV!

Kynlei Level 8 June 20, 2020

Scotty, you're a drag!

FrayedBear Level 9 June 20, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 43

Photos 77,293 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThese just annoy me🧐

Posted by KilltheskyfairySounds like something they’d do.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyInteresting numbers.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,991Top

Moderators