Agnostic.com
2 14

Found this looking for craft ideas.

scurry 9 Sep 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I no longer watch cartoons will someone please tell me what the complete punchline is?

FrayedBear Level 9 Sep 30, 2020

The year 2020 has been brought to you by the letters W, T, & F.

The characters are Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street. It's a children's show with live people, puppets, and animation to engage kids and introduce them to early childhood educations, ie numbers & counting, letters, shapes, colours, etc.

Sesame Street episodes are always bought to you by a letter of the alphabet to teach kids letter familiarity - 2020's letters are What The Fuck acronym 😁

@scurry So what is an Ernie & a Bert to do with wtf?

@FrayedBear Each episode used to focus on a few numbers and/or letters. Part of the shtick was to reitterate the numbers/letter by saying the show was brought to you by these letters/numbers like they were advertisers...
Such as Brought to you by Valvoline and Coca-Cola.
But instead, they would say brought to you by the letter X and number 7... Or whatever. (in this case, the joke is W, T, & F)
Often the characters in the show would say the line.
Note: the show often touched on many topics like a new baby, moving, racisim, disabilities...

@scurry Thanks for the explanation.

@FrayedBear No worries. Cultural references can be confusing if they aren't familiar. 😉

@scurry if one has never stayed home with kids ( or been too hung over to change the channel ) the Sesame Street reference would be foreign.

@wolf041 lol it's nearly 40 years since children's programmes were on TV here. I've got better things to remember - like my name & the day of the week.

WTF is right! I'm watching the debate right now...

Recent Visitors 40

Photos 77,352 More

Posted by CliffordCookIf your religion ends in burning people in a lake of fire just because they don't want to join your religion, no, it is not a religion of love.

Posted by YoujaesYa know, this would be a really cool pet, and genetic engineering just might make them.

Posted by backtobasicsI think we have seen a lot of ignorance the last 8 years.

Posted by glennlabOne reason their Judeao christian religions are so messed up

Posted by KilltheskyfairyNothing burger?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI will always choose the bear…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyImaginary???

Posted by KilltheskyfairyImaginary???

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMore bears…

Posted by michelle666garLove this movie!!!

Posted by backtobasicsThere may be an opening soon!

Posted by glennlabIn case there was ever any doubt

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 3,003Top

Moderators