Agnostic.com
3 10

please feel free to share because with all this Christmas Star hype its getting nuttier than usual out there

bookofmorons 8 Dec 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Mom posted something about this Christmas star on facebook the other day and I so wanted to tell her what it really is. I love her but damn her beliefs are skewed.

Kynlei Level 8 Dec 16, 2020

I have never found ANY credible evidence that Jesus even existed much less was born in December. Just another in a long list of fairy tales told by the Romans for political reasons is all... Keep in mind they were infamous for making shit up as they went along and their "histories" have been found to be mostly bullshit.

In 44 BC, following the death of Julius Caesar, a comet appeared in the heavens over Rome and was accepted to be a manifestation of the divine soul of Julius Caesar. It was thought to herald a new age of peace and prosperity. Augustus used this event to emphasize his familial association with the deified Julius.
What does it have to do with the Nativity? It's a popular culture when there wasn't much by way of media.
If you think people have a problem with "In God we Trust" on our money imagine how people in Palastine using Roman coins felt.
Obviously if Caesar gets a star then so should the Messiah right?
In fact like Christians today they tended to borrow validity anywhere they could, including the Magi that brought gifts. Magi was the title given to the priest class of the religion of Zoroastrianism or Mazdayasna. So if they brought gifts then the Jesus religion is better. It's as if Mormons claimed the Pope came and blessed the Mormon Temple in Utah, which of course he would never do, but what a propaganda coup to tell such a lie and get away with it.
There's very good reason to believe the very same comet was claimed to be the Christmas Star it didn't matter that it was anachronistic, there's a lot of scrambled history in the Gospel fan fiction.

One of the symbols of Christmas is the Three Wise men so when given the chance I always pose the following question to the believers.

According to the Bible what are the names of the three wise men?

This usually leads to lots of ums and errs and maybe a Gasper or a Balthazar from the faithful

Then I point out that the bible does not indeed name any of them and in fact never says there were three wisemen at all . . it simply says "wise men bringing three gifts"

Recent Visitors 38

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" 😆😆😆

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators