Agnostic.com
3 15

Temper your honesty with a bit of mercy

glennlab 10 Mar 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

does Ted Cruz count?

He's a bully and in power, so Fleddy Teddy is fair game.

Except that when seeking to discourage delusional thinking held by people hostile to ones own belief system, not many tools exist. Satire is one of the more powerful and is appropriate. People who degrade themselves with lies, AND are not interested in the real truth, or in getting psychiatric help, should be discouraged with whatever means remain available. Satire may not be kindly, but religious 'freedom' doesn't leave many options. The freedom to lie to oneself irresponsibly should be called out, and these people cannot be approached in a mature, rational way, hence, satire. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

racocn8 Level 9 Mar 4, 2021

I assume you are talking about the religious, who happen to be in power. How would they not be fair game for satire?

@glennlab Actually I sought to reference the all ranks of the religious, including the less empowered. The religious people who are in power should be criticized in every way possible for their foibles.

In my view, we should only give power to those that have established their rationality AND their Humanity. Tragically, Trump and his ilk had neither. We all qualify as insane to have allowed it.

hmm, an interesting prop, but there is a line that is hard to see in that i think?
"i'm in pain here, and you're laughing?"
"well, you just hit your thumb with a hammer, after turning down a nail-tee for that tight spot" or whatever

bbyrd009 Level 7 Mar 4, 2021

Recent Visitors 29

Photos 77,336 More

Posted by glennlabIn case there was ever any doubt

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill more bear…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI don’t understand why it hasn’t happened…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyA few things that people (fellas) seem to not understand about the bear vs man thing: The scenario is, a woman is walking through the woods hiking alone.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyA few things that people (fellas) seem to not understand about the bear vs man thing: The scenario is, a woman is walking through the woods hiking alone.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,992Top

Moderators